What's new

Talk about playing hardball...

Interesting to see how this will flesh out.
Seeing as how the state line runs through the middle of town and the local IGA market is on the GA side as are many other essential vendors,..this might be a tad problematic.
This is the dividing line between Copperhill TN and McCaysville GA (Fannin County). To give you an idea-
I live in Tennessee...my Post Office Box, Doctor, Dentist, food stores, and a plethora of other necessary services/providers are in Georgia. I'm thinking this is gonna get an amendment when sanity returns to the County Commission chambers, hopefully soon.
6DD1257B-BF7C-4980-96F3-C93C5E715694.jpeg

B0D27D6A-E544-4244-961A-44FA1531E532.jpeg

Last edited:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
So the wording is pretty harsh. That being said shelter in place was just issued statewide here. Whilst the law is in their hands I honestly believe that we are just being asked to use some common sense. Avoid going out unless absolutely necessary, practice your 5, be kind to one another.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
So the wording is pretty harsh. That being said shelter in place was just issued statewide here. Whilst the law is in their hands I honestly believe that we are just being asked to use some common sense. Avoid going out unless absolutely necessary, practice your 5, be kind to one another.
The problem is the people who refuse to use common sense, thus hurting the rest of us. Those dumb kids going to spring break aren’t the anomaly in our society, they are the norm.

The problem is the people who refuse to use common sense, thus hurting the rest of us. Those dumb kids going to spring break aren’t the anomaly in our society, they are the norm.
Yep today my neighbors came back two huge cases of toilet paper and are out and about every day. There is only the two of em living there. I stay away from em as much as possible.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Seeing as how the state line runs through the middle of town and the local IGA market is on the GA side as are many other essential vendors,..this might be a tad problematic.

This reminds me of one of those old sitcom episodes where two roommates have a falling out and draw a line down the middle of the apartment ... and then hilarity ensues as they run into various urgent needs of things on the other side of the line.

I'm not worried. That weed sprayer idea was epic. They have many in stock at the local hardware stores. 💩

@Acmemfg , you're only about an hour away from me. I have yet to make it to Copperhill but want to just to go to the pub with the line through the middle. I've seen many shows about it.

That would be Copperhill Brewery. I know it well. Sadly they are on sabbatical due to the virus mess.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This is the dividing line between Copperhill TN and McCaysville GA (Fannin County). To give you an idea-
I live in Tennessee...my Post Office Box, Doctor, Dentist, food stores, and a plethora of other necessary services/providers are in Georgia. I'm thinking this is gonna get an amendment when sanity returns to the County Commission chambers, hopefully soon.
View attachment 1078641

View attachment 1078639

Texas just declared that people coming into the state from certain hard-hit areas in the country are subject to a mandatory 15 day quarantine. Tarrant County just extended their stay at home ordinance by another week. I knew this was going to happen...they are "slicing the balogna" by doing it in increments.

It will be interesting to see what happens the next election...at all levels. People don't like to be threatened, especially by their own government. It wouldn't surprise me any if there were major riots in the not to distant future.

Have you seen this movie?

Top Bottom