What's new

Talc

So in the context of shaving, talc should be applied as the last step in a routine, as an after-aftershave?

Nowadays barbers can't brush your neck because of sanitation concerns with using the same brush on multiple people, so that step is pretty much gone... My father in-law is a barber, and I happened to ask him this question last month when he cut my hair!

Definitely not gone - my barber uses a cloth to apply the talc. I myself have moved to the Pinaud Bath Talc from the Pinaud Clubman Talc. It smells a bit different but doesnt have the pink coloring added.

In Florida, summer is pretty much a ten-month season, so I have more than a half-dozen different talcs/cornstarch powders. I do not use it on my face, but just about everywhere else mentioned above, plus a kind of talc just for my feet/shoes. In the 1960s Mennen Talc for Men and English Leather Talc were my favorites. Now I like Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort powder (which bills itself as talc-free!), and, of course, Clubman.
Stay Dry, My Friends!

+1 :thumbup1:

I use Clubman Talc on my private parts and on my chest after showering. It works well to control sweating and keep me cool. I could never stand to use it on my face. It does feel good on my neck if I must wear a shirt and tie. As someone else mentioned already.

Baby powder works well too!
Same for me. !!!

I have Clubman talc as the scent is exactly like the original Clubman aftershave. I bought a barbers fillable talc duster and every morning before I put my shirt on whether I've shaved or not I dust off the back of my neck, shoulders and behind my ears. I just like the feeling and smell of it and it feels like I just left the barbershop every morning.

Top Bottom