Shower,
dry (except face),
lather,
shave,
rinse,
apply AS,
apply talc in strategic places neck to knees,
get dressed.

I use it everytime I shower--Gold Bond Tripple Strength.

Also, when I was a Hotshot and got to shower once a week if lucky, it went on at least once a day.

I use either Clubman Shave Talc or vintage Old Spice After Shave Talcum on my face and neck after shaving.

I read here about putting some on a dry washcloth and then using the washcloth to put a very light dusting on...that way you get a nice matte finish without looking like a geisha girl.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That Lilac Talc is actually designed for the face. It can be applied after the shave in place of after shave.
That powder is not white, it is kind of a flesh colored powder.
But I don't personally use it on my face because I like alcohol splashes too much to give them up.

I used Clubman talc last week, when I had to wear a suit and tie in 90-F weather. It made a difference. Since I was traveling, I half-filled a clean sock with the talc and put it into a ziploc sandwich bag. To apply, just pull the sock out of the bag and pass it over your skin - anywhere you expect to sweat.

In Thailand I've seen mentholated talc for sale. That could be nice for 95-F and 95% humidity.

I regularly use a talc finish, either Floris #89 or Vintage TOBS. It really puts a finishing touch on a BBS shave.

-- John Gehman

I used Clubman talc last week, when I had to wear a suit and tie in 90-F weather. It made a difference. Since I was traveling, I half-filled a clean sock with the talc and put it into a ziploc sandwich bag. To apply, just pull the sock out of the bag and pass it over your skin - anywhere you expect to sweat.

In Thailand I've seen mentholated talc for sale. That could be nice for 95-F and 95% humidity.

I have used the Gold Bond Menthol version on a few long hot car trips... In a strategic place it can be quite refreshing.

Other than that I keep a bottle of Clubman around for every once and a while. But I don't use it every day.

I've just started to use it. After reading so many posts here about it I decided to get me some. I use it mainly to dust round my nether regions after washing basically to keep it dry down there. I work long hours and often get a bit sweaty so hopefully it will make a difference?

I bought a small bottle of 100gm Rapport for a £1 but found that we have a massive 500gm bottle of Johnson's Baby Talc in the bathroom that would have done just as good.

I just picked some up the other day at the same time I picked up some Pinaud Classic Aftershave. I have yet to try it though.

Top Bottom