What's new

Talc Vs. Cornstarch

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hard for me to say. I just re-sniffed it and compared it to some Yardley I had bought earlier. The Yardley seems a little floral, but pretty faint. The Borotalco doesn’t seem floral to me. More of a clean scent. I find that I reach for the Borotalco way more often. I short, I am a lousy judge of these things.
You and me both brother.

All I can say with certainty is this: I KNOW what I like. And that might not be the same thing tomorrow!

It has (to me) reviews that contradict each other as regards the scent profile. What are your thoughts? I think it would not bother me, as most of the time powder smells wear off of me.
Update: The container says “graceful floral oils”. More important, however, my wife says “violet…definitely violet”. I will take her against the field on matters of this sort.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Update: The container says “graceful floral oils”. More important, however, my wife says “violet…definitely violet”. I will take her against the field on matters of this sort.
Then I'm sure my bride will absolutely love it!

How is the scent of the clubman classic "talc" scent? (despite being cornstarch.. I find the whiskey woods to be quite good) but it may be too heavy for the summer, I was thinking of combining the classic (barbershop?) aftershave lotion with the classic powder.

Aside from “Yardley’s” and the aforementioned “Gold Bond” (which may also cease to exist 😕), are there any other remaining TALC producers?

Might be good to list them here as a resource for the talc fans amongst us… 🤔

Aside from “Yardley’s” and the aforementioned “Gold Bond” (which may also cease to exist 😕), are there any other remaining TALC producers?

King Talc I believe is still Talc. I haven't used in a couple years though so could be wrong.

Felce Azzurra replied to my email and ensured me that their mine is asbestos free and that they're constantly running tests to ensure that. Now, whether we want to believe that or not is up to us. Borotalco never replied to my email.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Last week I found a 15 pack of those little travel size Johnsons Baby Powder bottles on the Azon. The have talc. So I’m set for my travels for a while. I have used the new formula Johnsons with Aloe and it works pretty well for my purposes. The other new Johnson without talc don’t work well for me.

Apparently Felce Azzurra has 'fresco', the woman that talked to me about the lack of asbestos fibers in their products brought this to my attention. It is by FAR the best smelling powder I've tried. They are worthy of my full support. I ordered a bunch, one for the car, one for my house and one for the island one.

Rather than talc or cornstarch - I'd recommend trying Witch hazel toner first... Thayer's or even better for extra anti bacterial matters, add some Tea Tree oil or just get Stirling Witch hazel with Tea Tree toner.

Not just good for your face and neck but also...

I recall using cornstarch based baby powder in the past for an issue I had in my crotch area and the stuff was MESSY, I remember having to clean my PC more often as I collected it etc. I mean, using it on a daily basis really contaminated my house, it was everywhere. I know some of you are probably laughing out loud, but it was a menace.

Seriously.

My credentials (?) for this are that I live in Thailand. I'm also spending time offshore working on oil rigs in the Gulf of Thailand... so it gets hot. D@mn hot... Play golf too (not on the rig ;-) )... and heat means sweat and with the humidity that means the battle against fungal infections. Oh, yes.

Remember that Athlete's foot creams or powder work just as well for crotch rot; but if it's not too bad or just keeping things at bay then you'll find that witch hazel & Tea tree will work nicely... as do all those alcohol gels we've all been squirting on our hands... but witch hazel has no, errr, sting.... although that can be quite bracing to a certain extent if you like that kind of thing.

Bonus tip: do NOT wear cotton underwear. Absolutely lousy at wicking away mositure = swamp ***, as i believe it's delightfully called. Strongly recommend Uniqlo AIRism boxer briefs all year round and on the golf course (just beware the 'low rise' version... unless you're female).

Thanks! Unfortunately witch hazel makes my already oily skin even more oily (especially head) it's odd. Also, anything I've used in the past with tea tree oil caused me serious dermatitis, I stay away from it. What works for me is powders, even cornstarch. Discovering Felce Azzurra was a godsend.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Currently, I use Imperial Leather and most recently the Yardley Gentlmen Talc. Both are good, but I prefer the Imperial Leather scent a bit more so will get that the next time around.

Update: Ouch just looked on AMZ the price of the Imperial went from 14 to 17 for 300 grams. The Yardley is 8.95 for 250g I might stay with the Yardley unless I can find the Imperial elsewhere for less.
Right now on AMZ you can get a 6 pack of the Imperial Leather Talc for $48. Not a bad deal. A little less than Yardley and I prefer the scent. Singly, they are priced too high for my taste. Ordered a six pack.

Top Bottom