What's new

Talbot

Who here has tried it? How is it?... and how does it compare to more well known top-tier soaps (Wholly Kaw, B&M, Grooming Dept, etc)?

This stuff is very hard to get... I've been trying for a while and today, I was lucky enough to score a tub of the new Mont Ventoux and matching AS splash. Apparently this is a pretty straight-forward lavender scent.

I've seen a couple post about the soap and I recall that they were quite favorable.
I believe availability is the issue.

It's great stuff, BUT it is practically unobtainium. As well, some scents can be weird. I had a tub and sold it for a small fortune after two usages. As well, the tubs are only 3 oz.

If you get a chance to get one then by all means do so, just to say you did. However, no artisan soap is "light years" ahead of others and most if any differences are purely subjective.

It's amazing stuff, I would rank it personally below A&E's base but equal to excelsior and Icarus. Chad made more soaps for this release than any other in the past which is a good thing IMO. Cole's Pond was a wonderful winter scent if you like pine and fir. I'm looking forward to my Mont set to arrive.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just shaved this morning with Talbot's Gates of the Arctic. I had a sample to try. The scent is of dry grass and pine which I find lingers for several hours. The shave performance is below Grooming Dept but perhaps above Murphy and McNeil, B&M and Declaration Icarus. I also found the post shave very comfortable.

Top Bottom