What's new

Taking care of blade

You'll get a range of replies from rinse it off and set it aside, to disassemble, disinfect, and blow dry.

Me, I'd just rinse it off, shake off the water, and set it aside.

superspeed razors were designed to be shaken off and let dry..the blade however should be patted dry on a dry towel

Me, I'd just rinse it off, shake off the water, and set it aside.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. I do open the silo doors on a TTO to let it dry. I don't know why, I don't even think about it with a 3-piece razor.

Where do you set it aside? I mean whee do you store it between shaves?

I have a razor & brush stand that I use. That stand sits on my bathroom counter. Before that I just set the razor down on the edge of the sink. I don't think it matters what you do as far as preserving the blade during periods of non use, so long as you're not rubbing the edge on anything and keep it out of little kids hands.

Here's what I do;
Rinse the blade under hot then cold water.
Blow or shake dry.
Place in a small plastic bag with mineral oil in it.

I've heard a simple rinse in water followed by a dip in alcohol then drying works great too.

Once a week?

Are you talking about a DE blade (double edge razor blade)?

letting a blade sit for 7 days could allow oxidation to form on the edge which might make it a little harsh when you pick it up again.

I supposes you could toss the blade out after shaving with it and open a new blade in a week when you shaved again.

You could just leave it in your razor.

You could remove it, pat it dry on a towel (don't rub it) and wrap it back up in the paper.

Once a week? Really?

Once a week?

Are you talking about a DE blade (double edge razor blade)?

letting a blade sit for 7 days could allow oxidation to form on the edge which might make it a little harsh when you pick it up again.

I supposes you could toss the blade out after shaving with it and open a new blade in a week when you shaved again.

You could just leave it in your razor.

You could remove it, pat it dry on a towel (don't rub it) and wrap it back up in the paper.

Once a week? Really?

Yes really.

Try the easiest route first. No need to go through any more hassle than you need to. Then again, some folks enjoy making it more of a process than need be. If that's the case, go for it!

Top Bottom