What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

Today will be one more (hopefully final) test to see when and how we get this ball rolling. She is headed out for an Echocardiogram in a few hours. This will determine the course of action.

We received good news today. The heart is strong enough for the chemotherapy treatments. It looks like she will have surgery next week to have port installed in chest and start very aggressive chemotherapy next week for the next 4-5 months. All of the prayers must be working :thumbup:

We received good news today. The heart is strong enough for the chemotherapy treatments. It looks like she will have surgery next week to have port installed in chest and start very aggressive chemotherapy next week for the next 4-5 months. All of the prayers must be working :thumbup:

Excellent news. We will keep on prayer duty.

Just wanted to add my words of support for you and your family Sue. You'll all be in my prayers. I know that it isn't easy sometimes with what you get dealt with in life. I've had several health problems since I was 15 after being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Wegener's Granulomatosis.

Much of what you said strikes home very personally. Especially regretting the emotional pain it causes to the ones you love. The same time I was in the hospital unsure if I would live my father was in the hospital a bit away and was unexpected to live as well, and my mom would have to choose how long and who she would stay with. That pained me more than anything I went through then, or have gone through since. As another said in this thread, all we can do is bear one another's burdens.

I'm glad that good news is coming, and just try to keep up your spirits! Even if it's just something small for the day that's improved, just having that mind frame helped me alot! It can take time for things to improve, but they slowly do. I'm doing very well overall now from everything I've had, and here's hoping you'll have a fast recovery! :thumbup:

Thats good news.

Sue,

I am very sorry to hear this news, but I'm very happy you will soon be able to start treatment. Be strong! All of my best thoughts are with you and your family. You will fight this!

Last edited:
We are hoping to have all of our info tomorrow as to when all gets going. I will be sure to update everyone.

Sue and Wendy,

Good luck getting everything arranged today. There are a great many of us sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Sue,

I missed this thread entirely. Harry (Mr. Scruffy) told me about it today. After reading though the initial post, and the updates on the diagnosis and treatment plan, I pray that you are encouraged by the good news that you've had in the last few days, and that your spirits are lifted as you begin the process of fighting and beating this cancer. I pray that your faith will keep you strong, and that you will remember that your life is in God's hands, and He will take care of you and be with you and give you peace in whatever is before you. You are now, and will remain, in our prayers.

Top Bottom