What's new

Taconic injector blades

I have been searching for a substitute for the Chinese made Schick blades commonly referred to as Chick blades for my beloved Schick Type G razor. I found some Taconic injector blades on Amazon. Made in the USA. Has anyone tried these? I have ordered some and will do a blade trial.

I have been searching for a substitute for the Chinese made Schick blades commonly referred to as Chick blades for my beloved Schick Type G razor. I found some Taconic injector blades on Amazon. Made in the USA. Has anyone tried these? I have ordered some and will do a blade trial.
The only other injector blade i have used is the persona injector blade. I'm glad you can shave with a type g i cant too mild for me. Let me know about the Taconic.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

The only other injector blade i have used is the persona injector blade. I'm glad you can shave with a type g i cant too mild for me. Let me know about the Taconic.

Taconic injector blades are rebranded Personna blades. I like them but ymmv.

They can be had for very reasonable prices in bulk quantities.

I got the blades with my Parker adjustable injector. The don't last very long. Schick ProLine B-20 are way better. Only "problem" is you need an dispenser with key, an (empty) Taconic will do

I got the blades with my Parker adjustable injector. The don't last very long. Schick ProLine B-20 are way better. Only "problem" is you need an dispenser with key, an (empty) Taconic will do
how many shaves can Taconic blades take?

Enviado de meu SM-A217M usando o Tapatalk

I'm using Taconic injector blades currently and find the results comparable to Schick blades. Taconic blades don't seem to last quite as long, but at their lower price, the cost is about the same or maybe a bit less. As always, YMMV.

I'm using Taconic injector blades currently and find the results comparable to Schick blades. Taconic blades don't seem to last quite as long, but at their lower price, the cost is about the same or maybe a bit less. As always, YMMV.
how many shaves can Taconic blades take?

Enviado de meu SM-A217M usando o Tapatalk

If Taconic are the same personna blades from the supply company one, i have to concur the blades only last 6 uses. After the 6th use its super dull. Also i found a better deal on the shick injector blades from theonlinedrugstore.com about 5 bucks a cartridge.

I have these from buying the Parker injector as well. I also have used them alongside the sChicks. I often see people claim to not like them as much as the sChicks but they seem very similar to me. To be fair, I am pretty new to shaving with injectors but I have to believe if they were dramatically different I’d notice.

@Rusty Blade you didn’t mention why you can’t or don’t want to use sChicks. Are they not working well for you?

I have these from buying the Parker injector as well. I also have used them alongside the sChicks. I often see people claim to not like them as much as the sChicks but they seem very similar to me. To be fair, I am pretty new to shaving with injectors but I have to believe if they were dramatically different I’d notice.

@Rusty Blade you didn’t mention why you can’t or don’t want to use sChicks. Are they not working well for you?
For me on certain razors and settings they are just rough more efficient than the personna sure but its not worth the aggressiveness for a bump of efficiency. I still use them just wish there were more options.

For me on certain razors and settings they are just rough more efficient than the personna sure but its not worth the aggressiveness for a bump of efficiency. I still use them just wish there were more options.

Got it. It would be nice to have more choice in blades. I suppose there’s some minuscule chance that injectors become popular enough that other companies manufacture them. I honestly don’t know if there ever was a wide variety, even back in the heyday of injectors.

My Taconic blades arrived today. I will do a blade trial once I finish my, "let's see how many shaves I can actually get from a Chich blade" trial. I am usually good for 10 before I switch out, but i think i could extend it more.

I have been using the Taconic injector blades in my Type G for the past few days and I am impressed. They feel the same as Chicks and they are half the price and best of all they are made in the USA. I am really pleased.

I have been using the Taconic injector blades in my Type G for the past few days and I am impressed. They feel the same as Chicks and they are half the price and best of all they are made in the USA. I am really pleased.
I agree. I've read over and over how they are sharp but not as smooth as the Chinese Schicks but honestly, I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference. I have a Personna in my Parker and a sChick in my Schick M1 and they feel pretty darn close, certainly close enough that I would be happy to use either one. The part I'm not sure of yet is longevity. I'm wondering if either of them seems to last longer. Even if the Personna doesn't last as long, they are much cheaper so it evens out.

Top Bottom