What's new

Taco Question - for everyone.

I make some nice fish tacos -- usually tilapia or Mahmahi, but I want to try it with catfish. On a grilled corn tortilla.
A little lettuce, tomato, some fresh mexican cheese and a sauce I make from sour cream and bottled jalapenos whirled up in a blender.

Ah.... OK..... Remind me to pass should you think to invite me over to dinner sometime

proxy.php

hahahahahahahahahaha

I make some nice fish tacos -- usually tilapia or Mahmahi, but I want to try it with catfish. On a grilled corn tortilla.
A little lettuce, tomato, some fresh mexican cheese and a sauce I make from sour cream and bottled jalapenos whirled up in a blender.

$this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Yum Yum Yum, Yum, Yummity-Yum, It's Like a Dreeeeeeeeam!
Yum Yum Yum, Yum, Yummity-Yum, bring your Sour Creeeeeeeeam!!!

I have been making fish tacos lately.

1. Place the 0.5 pound (1 big piece) of firm white fish, such as mahi mahi, cod, snapper or catfish in a baking dish and squeeze 1/4 lime over it. Add 1 clove of minced garlic, 1/8 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp chili powder, and 0.5 tablespoon of veg oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the marinade until evenly coated. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 15 minutes.

2. Warm the tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides, about 5 minutes total. Wrap the warm tortillas in a clean dishcloth and set aside while you prepare the fish.
3. Grill without moving until the underside of the fish has grill marks and is white and opaque on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until white and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes more. (It’s OK if it breaks apart while you’re flipping.) Transfer the fish to a plate.
4. To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt (1/8 cup) and mayonnaise (1/8 cup). Gradually stir in fresh lime juice (1/4 lime) until consistency is slightly runny. Season with 1/3 diced jalapeno, 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon fine Korean chili pepper or ground cayenne.
5. To serve, place fried fish in a soft corn tortilla, and top with cole slaw, thinly sliced jalapeño, thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced Avacado, diced tomato and diced green onion and white sauce.

Our favorite lately is the smoked tri-tip, corn tortilla, pico, sliced avocado, a bit of queso fresco or cotija, some valentina hot sauce...soooo good.

I think I'll make some tomorrow!

I have been making fish tacos lately.

1. Place the 0.5 pound (1 big piece) of firm white fish, such as mahi mahi, cod, snapper or catfish in a baking dish and squeeze 1/4 lime over it. Add 1 clove of minced garlic, 1/8 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp chili powder, and 0.5 tablespoon of veg oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the marinade until evenly coated. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 15 minutes.

2. Warm the tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides, about 5 minutes total. Wrap the warm tortillas in a clean dishcloth and set aside while you prepare the fish.
3. Grill without moving until the underside of the fish has grill marks and is white and opaque on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until white and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes more. (It’s OK if it breaks apart while you’re flipping.) Transfer the fish to a plate.
4. To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt (1/8 cup) and mayonnaise (1/8 cup). Gradually stir in fresh lime juice (1/4 lime) until consistency is slightly runny. Season with 1/3 diced jalapeno, 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon fine Korean chili pepper or ground cayenne.
5. To serve, place fried fish in a soft corn tortilla, and top with cole slaw, thinly sliced jalapeño, thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced Avacado, diced tomato and diced green onion and white sauce.

This sounds delicious. Serve with some black beans and pico de gallo on the side and I'm sure it would be an amazing meal. I love fish tacos.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I may need to try prawn tacos as I don't make them like that. I do fish tacos like that.

Yesterday was chicken tight smoked on the weber, indirect, for around, 1hr. It was fantastic. I had pickled red onions but was missing fresh coriander

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I may need to try prawn tacos as I don't make them like that. I do fish tacos like that.

Yesterday was chicken tight smoked on the weber, indirect, for around, 1hr. It was fantastic. I had pickled red onions but was missing fresh coriander

For me fresh coriander is a great thing to be out of. I find it soapy tasting and always substitute parsley.

Tri-tip tacos' tonight! I did a reverse sear on the Weber with the Slow n Sear. Flour/corn tortilla, tri-tip, pico, avocado, queso fresco, Tapatio hot sauce, and a squeeze of lime.....they were soooooooo good!!

$tri1.jpg$tri2.jpg$tri3.jpg$tri4.jpg

Top Bottom