What's new

Tac mods AR Mod

Anyone use one of these? I see them for sale a lot but the price seems crazy for a new one. Are they worth the hype? I like that they are cerakoted and resembles a m4 rail.

I had one, but sold it. It's a nice mod. At first I got it because its a nicely made mod. It had nice copper contacts on it, and the octagon (maybe it was hexagon?) shaped button was nice because it wouldnt spin. And voltage drop was pretty low from what I remember. Functionality wise, it performed really good. The design look of it is pretty cool looking, but after awhile I actually personally didn't like the way all the grooves felt. Also at first I thought I would like the substantial weight it had, but after using it for a few weeks, the extra weight got annoying, when in my pocket or just carrying it around with me. Still it was a really rugged and well built mod, just wasn't for me, YMMV though.

Seen it, would never get it as it would be close to impossible to travel with. Plus I like my regulated box mods too much, thinking of selling all my mechs except for my Dimitri clone.

Edit: Reason for the travel comment is as follows, every time I travel with my Vaporshark I have to explain what it is. If I had something that looked like a rifle barrel, there is no way it wouldn't be confiscated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom