What's new

Tabula Steam Punk WOW

I can't get a decent lather from it, do you guys load it directly from the tub, or scoop out a little portion?

I've worked my way through most of the vetiver/tangerine, and just started on the caradamom. Then I saw this "special edition" was just released. Tabula Rassa is at the top of the shaving croap food chain in my book. So, of course, I ordered 2 tubs. Not disappointed with steam punk at all, protection & glide impeccable - and if there is a soap/ cream that does not require the use of after shave - TR is the one. Post shave feel is great and last much of the day for me. Love the steam punk scent also. Glad to see more vendors carrying TR now.

This and MFW seem to have the reputation for a difficult lather. It is a totally different beast than the fat, and uses a different "bag of tricks" to lather up. In fact I find a warm/hot scuttle and TR to be most satisfying. OK - end fan boy.

[/QUOTE]

This and MFW seem to have the reputation for a difficult lather. It is a totally different beast than the fat, and uses a different "bag of tricks" to lather up. In fact I find a warm/hot scuttle and TR to be most satisfying. OK - end fan boy.[/QUOTE]
+1

Cedar and lilac was it or Cedar and Violet?

I absolutely adore Violet EO, but damn the stuff is ridiculously expensive. To the tune of $300/oz. (which would make ~4 pucks of shaving soap) I actually planted a violet patch with the idea of testing out some home distilling of it (for private soaps, completely impossible to produce enough for soaps to sell), but it died.

How long does a tub last? From what I gather it is a light-ish whipped cream. Seems like it would get used up pretty quick. Maybe a month? Two?

Top Bottom