What's new

tabula rasa?

For me I find it takes a lot of the product to generate a good lather...even using only a little water. The lather is good but, IMHO, not on a par with AOS or Taylor's. I had one shave where Musgo had to come to the rescue half way through!

A friend of mine was in Berlin and went to Erik's shop in order to buy me a vetyver scented Tabula Rasa.
I got Erik on the phone and if I understood well he did advise me to do a hand lathering.
I will have the TB in some day and I m quite impatient to test it.
I will follow the hand lathering method.
Being usually a face lathering person I found this on you tube
Did someone of this forum tried this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjVge4WEGQ&sns=em

Best

Tam

I use the hand method and it works great. After I have worked up a lather I put the brush down and work the remnants in my hand onto my face. Then I use the loaded brush to work up a lather. Works like a charm.

A friend of mine was in Berlin and went to Erik's shop in order to buy me a vetyver scented Tabula Rasa.
I got Erik on the phone and if I understood well he did advise me to do a hand lathering.
I will have the TB in some day and I m quite impatient to test it.
I will follow the hand lathering method.
Being usually a face lathering person I found this on you tube
Did someone of this forum tried this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjVge4WEGQ&sns=em

Best

Tam

I have always used Tabula Rasa like a soap, loading my brush directly from the tub and lathering on my face. It works pretty well for me. If you want to you can press the cream firmly into the tub before using it (TR is more like a soft soap).

I haven't tried rehydrating the cream as shown in the video as I haven't had the need to. TR is one of the best creams I have used for my dry sensitive skin.

Sachin

Last edited:
I have always used Tabula Rasa like a soap, loading my brush directly from the tub and lathering on my face. It works pretty well for me. If you want to you can press the cream firmly into the tub before using it (TR is more like a soft soap).

I haven't tried rehydrating the cream as shown in the video as I haven't had the need to. TR is one of the best creams I have used for my dry sensitive skin.

Sachin

I think I ll explore the different ways.....after all that s part of the "fun":001_rolle

Tam

If you want to face lather Tabula Rasa I saw this method on another forum and it works.

Take your tub and add small amounts of water and stir with a spoon till you have a more cream like consistency. I then load the brush as I would cella or any other "croap" with a squeezed brush. Proceed to face lather and wet the tips of the brush as needed.

This is the only way I've found this stuff to work for consistent face lathering. Otherwise palm lathering was the only way before that I could get this stuff to work.

Excellent product BTW and really leaves the skin feeling great after a shave!

I have tried quite a few creams such as SMN, Acqua Di Parma, Penhaligon's along with Trumpers and AOS over the years. Nothing so far has enhanced my shaves like Tabula Rasa. I tried the unscented first and now have bought the vetyver scented and wow what cream. Amazing to me that it took me so long to discover what was out there all along which to me at least is why I so enjoy wet shaving the adventure never ends.

I had picked up the unscented and a half full pot of lavender awhile back on BST.

Yesterday I finally caved to leesrazors and ordered SMN, the vetiver and also the tea Tabula Rasa.

Since figuring out how to face lather this product I absolutely love it. Your skin will never feel better after using this.

This may be the best cream/soap out there. I say cream/soap bc its not quite a cream nor is it a soap. The best stuff I have used, I love the dark lavender. If you have sensitive skin I would recommend the unscented. Also, I highly recommend palm lathering this particular cream/soap. I don't palm lather in general but this stuff works best with palm lathering...really gets you the most bang for your buck as well as the most lather. Love this stuff!

Top Bottom