What's new

Tabactober 2022

I have participated since 2019 and will be joining the usual Tabac with some slack with my old puck of Tabac.

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober) :badger:
1) FoolishMortal - Tallowbac - SOTM
2) Yuritau - Tallowbac
3) Balin - Tallowbac
4) Galaktus - Tallowbac
5) JAHE - Tallowbac (what else?! 😉)
6) Lasta - Tallowbac
7) Multum in parvo - Tallowbac
8) Sandorfi - Tallowbac - SOTM
9) ajkel64 - Tallowbac - SOTM
10) sarir97 - Tallowbac
11) markmc - Tallowbac - SOTM
12) JCarr - Tallowbac
13) demaro - ???
14) Habemik - Tallowbac
15) Pepin - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave & Tabacologne
16) La Malice - Newbac & Tabaftershave
17) Dan_675 - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
18) VerbaVolant - Tallowbac
19) Chandu - Tallowbac & Tabacream
20) Chard52142 - Tallowbac

Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes) :blush:
1) CJB3 - Tallowbac
2) Ted A - ???
3) Ravenonrock - Tallowbac
4) gdawg55 - ???
5) Chef455 - Veggiebac
6) NorthernSoul - ???
7) Tjsgarden - Tallowbac - GRUME - SWS
8) ChriWilson - Tallowbac & Veggiebac
9) Brad P - Tallowbac
10) Time Bandit - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
11) cryhavoc - Tallowbac
12) SeinfeldNoir - Tabacream (3017)
13) elmo_koffman - Tallowbac
14) hopper_64 - Tallowbac
15) Cantujm - Tallowbac

Tabac on the Rack (maybe?) :001_unsur
1) JamesGaray - ???
2) PRobots - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
3) timetofly - Tallowbac

Tabac is Wack (no Tabac, no way) :blink:
1) Nobody!
2) Guido75 (not saying wack, because that’s not true either)

Sat 1 TabaOCtober
Soap
Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Absolute best lather from this soap. Rich, creamy, and very slick!! Whip-up up perfectly with the excellent brush. Somehow...the splash just goes well with the soap! A nice relaxing shave with the razor and blade combo. Uneventful 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20221001_103826.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sat 1 TabaOCtober
Soap
Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Absolute best lather from this soap. Rich, creamy, and very slick!! Whip-up up perfectly with the excellent brush. Somehow...the splash just goes well with the soap! A nice relaxing shave with the razor and blade combo. Uneventful 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
View attachment 1531439
Beautiful lather my friend! Love that razor as well.

Tabactober GRUME and SWS
Day 1

PXL_20221001_054317527.PORTRAIT.jpg

Rockwell 6S
Astra Platinum (1)
Tallowbac
Brushworx G5C knot

Hey Guys
A new month and my first participation in Tabactober, 4th GRUME and second week in the Shave of the Week Society.
Life is Good!
A new blade, Tabac and plate 4 on the Rockwell made DFS+ easy. This combo works good. The lather was slick and did not dry out for three passes. In SWS, I will switch razors every Saturday. Brush selection may change daily. It was nice to use a new blade for a change.

I look forward to new and old acquaintances posting on all three threads.

I have decided to only do every other shave with Tabac (and every shave on Tuesday 😉 ).

So I have updated the list.. and placed @Chard52142 on my former spot...

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober) :badger:
1) FoolishMortal - Tallowbac - SOTM
2) Yuritau - Tallowbac
3) Balin - Tallowbac
4) Galaktus - Tallowbac
5) Chard52142 - Tallowbac
6) Lasta - Tallowbac
7) Multum in parvo - Tallowbac
8) Sandorfi - Tallowbac - SOTM
9) ajkel64 - Tallowbac - SOTM
10) sarir97 - Tallowbac
11) markmc - Tallowbac - SOTM
12) JCarr - Tallowbac
13) demaro - ???
14) Habemik - Tallowbac
15) Pepin - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave & Tabacologne
16) La Malice - Newbac & Tabaftershave
17) Dan_675 - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
18) VerbaVolant - Tallowbac
19) Chandu - Tallowbac & Tabacream
20)

Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes) :blush:
1) CJB3 - Tallowbac
2) Ted A - ???
3) Ravenonrock - Tallowbac
4) gdawg55 - ???
5) Chef455 - Veggiebac
6) NorthernSoul - ???
7) Tjsgarden - Tallowbac - GRUME - SWS
8) ChriWilson - Tallowbac & Veggiebac
9) Brad P - Tallowbac
10) Time Bandit - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
11) cryhavoc - Tallowbac
12) SeinfeldNoir - Tabacream (3017)
13) elmo_koffman - Tallowbac
14) hopper_64 - Tallowbac
15) Cantujm - Tallowbac
16) JAHE - Tallowbac
17)

Tabac on the Rack (maybe?) :001_unsur
1) JamesGaray - ???
2) PRobots - Tallowbac & Tabaftershave
3) timetofly - Tallowbac
4)

Tabac is Wack (no Tabac, no way) :blink:
1) Nobody!
2) Guido75 (not saying wack, because that’s not true either)

I'll be back later...

Is there a way to get a sample of Tabac instead of the whole puck? I could of course ask my dad for his puck, but I don’t think he wants to part with it :biggrin1: (also given that the container it is in might be as old as I am. That soap has been with him like forever - same for his Old Spice puck and mug)

Guido

Last edited:
Is there a way to get a sample of Tabac instead of the whole puck? I could of course ask my dad for his puck, but I don’t think he wants to part with it :biggrin1: (also given that the container it is in might be as old as I am. That soap has been with him like forever - same for his Old Spice puck and mug)

Guido
Every serious wet shaving guy needs to try Tabac at least once... Unfortunately, Tabac isn't offered in a sample size.

So I'll take care 😀 ...

Cheers my friend!
Guido

PS: once your dad has finished the container ask him not to bin it... if it's that old it's a rarity.

Last edited:
Every serious wet shaving guy needs to try Tabac at least once... Unfortunately, Tabac isn't offered in a sample size.

So I'll take care 😀 ...

PS: once your dad has finished the container ask him not to bin it... if it's that old it's a rarity.
Ok thanks, good to know. And yes, I have told him that and also his Old Spice bowl (showed him eBay offers. You should have seen the face of my mother!) - my local shop has Tallowbac on shelf. I think I will pay him a visit next month in preparation for holiday season.

Guido

Pls read my former post carefully again 😀 You'll try Tabac soon... 😉
I really want you to be in here...
I did and I know what you are doing :pipe:and I appreciate your kindness and comradery. And you really don’t have to. Unless you want me living in your guesthouse, because specifically Tabac does not fly with my better half.

But I get the message. If I want to take wet shaving seriously I need to try it at least once. I guess I will do a shave from my parents house in the future and try it there.

Cheers,

Guido

I did and I know what you are doing :pipe:and I appreciate your kindness and comradery. And you really don’t have to. Unless you want me living in your guesthouse, because specifically Tabac does not fly with my better half.

But I get the message. If I want to take wet shaving seriously I need to try it at least once. I guess I will do a shave from my parents house in the future and try it there.

Cheers,

Guido
Oh, I see.
I definitely don't want to get you into trouble with your significant other. So I'll skip my idea.

Yes, definitely give it a try. The lasting scent post shave isn't that strong. It can be covered if you use a stronger scented AS afterwards... Just by way of precaution 😉

Happy shaves!

Oh, I see.
I definitely don't want to get you into trouble with your significant other. So I'll skip my idea.

Yes, definitely give it a try. The lasting scent post shave isn't that strong. It can be covered if you use a stronger scented AS afterwards... Just by way of precaution 😉

Happy shaves!
I love you no less for it! And I know your love for Tabac as well. Tabac has been on my mind for quite some time (together with Lea Sandelwood). I wanted to get the refill puck (I know it's the tallow one) and put it one of my enamel shaving mugs. But she finds Tabac to be one of the heavier scents - I usually use more citrus, fruit, lemon scents - that type (OMG - does she want me to use Arko?! :eek2:). Floïd's the Genuine is bordering on what she tolerates. But I am perfectly ok with accomodating that as she also tolerates me slowly but surely :devil:taking over the bathroom cabinet.

Cheers mate!

Guido

I love you no less for it! And I know your love for Tabac as well. Tabac has been on my mind for quite some time (together with Lea Sandelwood). I wanted to get the refill puck (I know it's the tallow one) and put it one of my enamel shaving mugs. But she finds Tabac to be one of the heavier scents - I usually use more citrus, fruit, lemon scents - that type (OMG - does she want me to use Arko?! :eek2:). Floïd's the Genuine is bordering on what she tolerates. But I am perfectly ok with accomodating that as she also tolerates me slowly but surely :devil:taking over the bathroom cabinet.

Cheers mate!

Guido
Guido, the conqueror... hehe.😂

Tabac definitely is one of the polarizing scents in the wet shaving world.
At first I was reluctant, too, but as soon as the scent mellowed out a bit (in course of time and regular uses) the scent grew on me.

As per the fruity aspects, here's a tip. During summer when temperatures are high, I often add one drop of organic orange essential oil into the readily whipped up Tabac lather. This addition reduces the floral notes and adds a lot of freshness to the scent (which I like during summer), but it keeps the evil dark musky notes which I adore quite a bit.

"Tabacorange" might not be a scent for everyone. To my nose, however, it's a pleasant one.

Nice brush! Is that a Semogue by any chance? Think I have seen it before on the web.

Guido
Correct, Semogue 830 (boar).

Final tip: if you happen to shave with Tabac, apply your "go to"AS in post... I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't notice a difference...

Cheers,
Guido (the other one).

Last edited:
Top Bottom