Tabactober 5 - Shave #3

IMG-4815_DSC_4815 (2).JPG

Razorock SLOC
Perma-Sharp Super (6)
Yaqi Moka Express 2-Band
Tabac

I did an experimental shave Monday night:
View attachment 1534132
I face lathered by rubbing the puck of old fashioned Tabac on one side of my face, Arko on the other.

The Titanium Timeless Razor with the Caisson blade were great. 9.5/10, in my completely scientific opinion!

Edit: the stinkingest brush in the werld was not rinsed. So far the bristles have not dissolved!
By SOME folks takes....Two polarizing scents simultaneously. I'm gonna have try this myself!

I will be doing the Full Monty as usual Tabac tallow followed by Tabac AS. Tabac AS lasts all day and into the next morning. It must be the strongest AS I have. However, it does really soften into a lovely mellow scent.

@timetofly: I'm not sure what happens when you follow that up with an EdT? I suppose the scent follows you to the grave?

Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (4)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua 24mm synthetic
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Tabac (tallow)
Balm: Proraso White (it’s gone)
Aftershave: Bootleggers Lime Bay Rum

New home and different water supply a month ago. I’ve been struggling to get a good lather build. Today was quite successful. Good lather, slick comfortable shave.

F0D24F8B-685F-4A69-9C65-4EC777A6DE57.jpeg

Tabactober/OCtober the Second (shave)
Tradere OC, Schick Super Stainless (2), Wee Scot, Tabac

Loaded up the Wee Scot for an extra long time this shave so I'd have plenty of lather for four passes and really took my time enjoying the shave. Result was both a great way to relax at the end of the day (I usually shower and shave in the evening), and an extraordinarily clean shave.

I love this hobby.

Tabactober GRUME and SWS, Day 6

Rockwell 6S
Astra Platinum (7)
Original Tabac
Evo 2.0 brush

Hey Guys
Excellent two pass shave today. I spent extra time with warm splashes and applying lather in layers before the first pass. I experimented with riding the cap and the guard. This razor is very forgiving and has a wide working angle. I am still learning more about using the wet tip lathering process

Date:06.10.2022
Focused participations:06/31 Days in GRUME (out at 13%, but no subsequent purchases)
279/279 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
06/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Tabactober
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Special Edition
Blade:King C Gillette (25)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:Tabac (tallow)
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:9/10 (~15 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
Comfort:10/10 (GlideFest)
Effectiveness:8.5/10 (BBS-)

Yesterday's shave was so good, I decided to use the Fatip Special Edition again and just change the brush. And again I was rewarded with a fantastic shave.

Technique wise I am continuing my Slanted stroke and Slide stroke on the first and second pass respectively. I tried a reversed slanted stroke on my neck today and that seemed to get results as well. Tomorrow's shave with one of my Gillette's will see the next phase in this technical development.

This Tabac soap is a real performer. My badger brush had more trouble loading that the Plissoft from yesterday, but in this case Tabac is very forgiving and I still managed to get a good face lather. Smooth and supportive to the razor and blade. Scentwise again more subdued that I imagined. I did not rinse with another soap and had the LOTH judge for herself. She immediately identified the sandelwood, the musky and darker tones (called it an 'older' scent), but was surprised when I disclosed it was Tabac. She then also concluded that I broke GRUME! The aftershave is a no go, because that has a heavier scent than this soap. Using Chanel's Allure completed the excellence of today's shave.

Top Bottom