What's new

Tabactober 2021

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CB6B7129-75EC-4EAF-8DF6-B89AB9C37F3C.jpeg

Tabactober shave number 27. Switch to the Tabac Shaving Cream today. Both the Cream and the Soap are nearly done.

I did not report Tabactober #6 #7 #8 shaves but they happened. It's very easy to get used to a great quality soap that makes the shaving hassle free and nicely smelling.

Very likely I'll be the last one to add my name to the list (if that's still allowed). Not that I'll start using Tabac just now, I only noticed this topic just now.
I use my soaps in fixed rotation, each soap getting 5, 7, 10, 15, ... shaves before moving to the next. Tabac happens to be in use currently (The glass jar that is). As it has been for the past 10 days in a row. And as it will be for the next 5 days before moving to the next soap. As you can follow here: Diary (& questions) of a relative newbie - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/diary-questions-of-a-relative-newbie.598987/page-18#post-11510335

Oh, and since my Tabac AS is about to run out, I received my new bottle the other day:

20211027_093429.jpg

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober)
  1. FoolishMortal - Tallowbac
  2. RumpleBearskin
  3. COdiak
  4. Demaratus - Tallowbac
  5. Dave himself
  6. Multum in parvo - Tallowbac
  7. Yuritau - Tallowbac
  8. ajkel64
  9. StratMan - Tallowbac
  10. demaro
  11. Wet shave Ryan - Tallowbac
  12. abj
  13. sandorfi - Tallowbac
  14. alin - Tallowbac
  15. Gabor
  16. emily666
  17. Bounder - Newbac
  18. Wil_D - Newbac
  19. Vates - Tallowbac
  20. Bengal Tiger
  21. hairless wonder
  22. JayFromBrooklyn
Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes)
  1. Trem - Tallowbac +/- occasional Newbac
  2. Atlantic59 - Tallowbac
  3. sarir97
  4. sharpieb - Tallowbac - is there any other kind?
  5. luv2shave
  6. cyyou2090
  7. RenoRichard
  8. ewk
  9. Bglayer
  10. Jubejubilee
  11. JAHE
  12. JCinPA
  13. gdawg55
  14. Ted A
  15. CJB3 - Tallowbac
  16. Ravenonrock - Tallowbac
  17. KurtaranS
  18. FarmerTan - Tallowbac
  19. Robert Anderson
  20. cryhavoc - Tallowbac
  21. Contact_vs_Feedback - Tallowbac
  22. Chard52142
  23. JWCowboy
  24. ED3054 - Tallowbac
  25. SgtCrppls - Newbac
  26. honeycutt
  27. ImJustMe
  28. Ligeti
Tabac is wack (no Tabac, no way)
  1. DaveHStone

Last night, I had shave #37 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. Again, the blade was held in place with a Fatip Open Comb Piccolo in nickel.

I used Tabac (tallow) shaving soap and made my best lather with it, yet.

Prior to the shave, I showered with warm water and also used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. After shaking my brush to remove some water, I picked up the soap puck in my left hand and swirled my brush across it for 40 seconds before scooping up the protolather and transferring it to my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl. What I couldn't remove from my hands, I rubbed on my face.

Next, I rinsed the remaining protolather off my fingers with some tap water and collected the soapy water in an empty cup. I then picked up my brush and began to stir it in the lather bowl while gradually adding some of the soapy water to make my lather. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. This shave was smoother than my previous shave. I wound up with a very smooth BBS shave.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue) and aftershave balm (Van der Hagen Post Shave Soothing Balm). I felt no sting from the alum block. I did feel a bit of sting from the alcohol in the splash, though.

This was my fifth time using the VDH balm. Again, I used a little less than pea sized amount of the balm and got a better skin feel (i.e., less "heavy"/greasy) but still perspired a bit more on areas of my face to which I applied the balm than areas without the balm.

All in all, I would also give this shave a 99/100.

B6220DE0-B5DD-45F2-BCA5-D564830FD180.jpeg

TabaOCtober Fri 29
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade JAWS Platinum 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
This will be the last tabac use for Oct. Super duper good creamy and slick lather!
A good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Uneventful in 3passes for a dfs result. Nice aftershaves.
20211029_071445.jpg

Top Bottom