4D1CB1F0-4206-4F5E-AC02-D4CEC8158C9C.jpeg

Excellent shave today for Tabactober[emoji7]
- Blackland Brassbird SB
-Rapira Platinum Lux (1st)
-AP Shave Co Brass XL 26mm Pelagic Typhoon badger
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
-Tabac soap and splash

Very nice shave. Got to try out the new badger knot I got from Cullen. It is an excellent knot. Lathers up great, doesn't eat the lather, and has great flow. Feels very good on the face even though it isnt broken in yet, so I'm sure it'll only get better from here! It's a very dense and comfortable knot

No nics or cuts just a smooth bbs :)
20211020_074357.jpg

This morning, I had shave #34 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. Again, the blade was held in place with a Fatip Open Comb Piccolo in nickel.

I used Tabac (tallow) shaving soap and made a good lather that was slick and cushiony.

Prior to the shave, I showered with warm water and also used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. After I shook my brush to remove some water and picked up the soap puck in my left hand, I began swirling my brush across the top of the soap for a minute before scooping up all the protolather left on the puck and transferring it to the shaving bowl. Next, I rinsed the remaining protolather off my fingers with some warm tap water and collected the soapy water in an empty cup. I then picked up my brush and began to stir it in the shaving bowl while gradually adding some of the soapy water to make my lather. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. I did not feel my blade; this is how I like it. I wound up with a very smooth BBS shave.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Stirling Spice) and aftershave balm (Van der Hagen Post Shave Soothing Balm). I felt no sting from the alum block. I did feel a bit of sting from the alcohol in the splash, though.

This was my second time using the VDH balm. Again, I thought the balm was "heavier"/greasier than the skin than other aftershave balms I've used in the past. I like won't buy another bottle of this if I run out. That said, it'll probably end up in my travel kit after a few more uses.

All in all, I would give this shave a 99/100.

C9EAF28B-1BEC-4137-882B-5FF5BE3607DE.jpeg

Tabactober Thu 21
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor ZY430
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Brandy Spice
Excellent lather...it is just very good!
This razor is also awesome! For an inexpensive razor, the edge is just so nice...keen, smooth, and very comfortable! Just did a 2pass session so can have more to shave with tomorrow. Something special arriving. The end result was sas without any issues.
20211021_122744.jpg

Top Bottom