Sat 31 Final #9TabacOCtober#25 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Soap is among the top for quality performance. Consistently giving thick creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. 2 weepers on neck for trying different angle, hahaha...Good post & aftershave too. Rating 9/10
20201031_124749.jpg

The last shave is in the books.

Today's setup was:

Gillette New LC
Bic Platinum (1)
Semogue 610
Tabac (of course)
Aqua Velva

This ends my Tabac Attack with a total of 30 shaves as I skipped October 1st. It was fun and I am looking forward to Tabactober 2021!

Happy shaves and have a great weekend! :)

Final Tabactober shave!

1915 Gillette Single Ring
Personna Israeli Red (1)
Tabac stick
Omega 10065 boar
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Though I chose Tabac with some Slack, I ended up using Tabac much more than I thought I would. Tabactober really helped me remember just how good Tabac is, now if I could just learn to tolerate the scent during the Summer months.

Happy Halloween and enjoy the weekend!

Greetings,

A fine month of TabacTober!

I used it for all my shaves this months, but I had my last shave this month on the 23rd.

So does anyone want to see some pictures? Well here they are.

My stick at the start of the month,
IMG_3297.JPG

And at the end of the month (or after 21 shaves)
IMG_20201023_131634.jpg

I'm pleased to see my stick of Tabac actually got a bit smaller opposed to getting larger.

I used 7.7mm of the stick in 21 shaves, which is 0.37mm per shave, I wasn't trying to conserve the stick by any stretch of the imagination.

What did I learn from this month? I learnt how superb a shaving soap Tabac is, my skin felt truly superb in the duration I was using it and it might be the easiest soap to build a great lather with, but if I'm honest I knew these things before but it was good to use it for a prolonged stretch to really dial in the right soap to water ratio; sometimes having fewer variables can lead to better shaves.

And with that my Tabactober is at it's end!

:)

I had yesterday my 12th and last shave in the Tabactober 2020.

I had since a year or two a fresh/unsued Tabac shaving stick around. I mainly intended it for use on trips, but whenever I had a trip, I finally decided on another soap as I never used a shave stick before and was unsure how to use it. This tabactober was for me the opportunity to use exclusively the Tabac shaving stick and learn how to use it.

It turned out pretty well, simply rub the shave stick over the wet skin on the areas to shave and build up lather on face with a damp brush. The « tricky » part was to not use too much water, even if the Tabac shave soap is pretty forgiving. No excuse anymore on not taking the tabac shaving stick on trips anymore.

Tabactober is over. Thanks for hosting @FoolishMortal

Finished the month off used a glorious face mop of a brush in the Omega 48 and my old Fat Boy with a new Gillette Nacet. Wonderful shave, as always with Tabac.

Even though the month is over, I will trudge on and 3017 the whole puck. I mean, what would I switch to that would provide any better shaves?! I will be following this puck up with a puck of Haslinger Shafmilch in the old tallow base (of course) for some kind of duel to the death of the best shave soaps. May follow that up with C&S O&C in the spring just to completely indulge in shaving greatness.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the final list; feel free to correct any mistakes:

Tabactober 2020 Participants List

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober)

FoolishMortal
PhilC
Brian C.
emily666
SpannerX
Pepin (Tabac aftershave, and cologne along with the soap)
Demaratus
Stubblebum
Freebase8244
demaro
Sotiris_A
ajkel64
ajduplessis
vates
Saltchuck
rapwedinger
Ted A

Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes)
BudgetShaverGuy
Tomo
Billy T.
haggis
EclipseRedRing
Ravenonrock
samhain666
Chard52142
RanTan the Cool
never-stop-learning
Multum in parvo
arano
byDoms
cryhavoc
geneaut
ercy
DBT
McBlade
NewYorkBuck
JAHE
BigD
camoloc
zoidberg
Legacoid
Sukeroku
Mouser
Guitar10
sdimartino
Ad Astra
Roy
Smooth and Sharp
mozartman
macintoshBR

Tabac on the rack (maybe?)
emily666
Chef455

Tabac I lack (no Tabac on hand)
bluesman 7

Tabac is wack (no Tabac, no way)

To the best of my knowledge, this is the final list; feel free to correct any mistakes:

Tabactober 2020 Participants List

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober)

FoolishMortal
PhilC
Brian C.
emily666
SpannerX
Pepin (Tabac aftershave, and cologne along with the soap)
Demaratus
Stubblebum
Freebase8244
demaro
Sotiris_A
ajkel64
ajduplessis
vates
Saltchuck
rapwedinger
Ted A

Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes)
BudgetShaverGuy
Tomo
Billy T.
haggis
EclipseRedRing
Ravenonrock
samhain666
Chard52142
RanTan the Cool
never-stop-learning
Multum in parvo
arano
byDoms
cryhavoc
geneaut
ercy
DBT
McBlade
NewYorkBuck
JAHE
BigD
camoloc
zoidberg
Legacoid
Sukeroku
Mouser
Guitar10
sdimartino
Ad Astra
Roy
Smooth and Sharp
mozartman
macintoshBR

Well, as it turns out, I did the full Tabac attack through October and continued through the month of November.
I am at the end of my jar. Its been Tabactacular!

Top Bottom