What's new

Tabactober 2020

Razor: Fatip Retro
Blade: Dorco Prime (1)
Soap: Tabac puck
Brush: RR badger

Not a bad shave, per say, but I don't think this blade matches well with the Fatip. I'll give it 3-4 more saves to see how it rounds out, but it seemed to take a bit of effort to get to DFS/near BBS shave in some areas.

I am about 5 shaves in with Tabac for Tabactober. I am only 10 shaves in all together for straight razor shaving. I think the first time I shaved I didn't use enough water as the Tabac lather dried and flaked. The next shave I think I used too much water. The last shave I feel like I got that beautiful thick and slick lather that the regulars post about. With my minimal experience I will say I am pleased so far. All have been with a Ralf Aust 6/8 Round
overall.
Tabac 3.jpg
Tabac 2.1.jpg
Tabac 1.1.jpg

P01016-085950 (4).jpg

October 16:

Some changes in the setup. Fresh blade (Gillette Nacet) and back to the 820. 15'' loading resulted in an excellent lather with some to spare after 2.5 passes. Finished with Epsilon Blue as the weather is still relatively warm in Athens, Greece.

Happy Shaves and have a great day! :)

Fri 16th #5TabacOCtober#12 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock SLOC DOC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Thick creamy and slick lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very good. Smooth and comfortable. Blade is still good and sharpish
3+1 pass with no issues. Not very efficient though. DFS result. Good post and aftershave. Rating 9/10
20201015_235609.jpg

20201016_154056.jpg

16/10/2020

Brush - Omega 11819 (24 mm/55 mm)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (9)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

Another great lather, Tabac truly is an exceptional soap and it provided enough cushion and slickness for 2.5 passes with the FHT and LSP, a really sharp blade. It reminds me quite a bit of the Gillette 7 Black.
Finished the great shave with a splash of Ackay Tobacco, a nice barbershop style scent.

OK, I'm in (with some slack), just having received my very first tub of Tabac tonight after hiding from it for years due to some of the, ahem, extreme opinions I've read regarding its scent. One whiff and immediately I realized my fears were utterly unfounded, for I know that aroma very well. Here in the eastern US we have wonderful old country inns and bed and breakfasts, some dating back to the 18th century, with antique furniture, large stone fireplaces downstairs, formal flower gardens outside, etc. The bathrooms have enameled sinks and claw foot tubs with brass and enamel fixtures, and -- bath soaps with that very smell!! Do they use Tabac? Anyway, it brings back some nice weekend memories.

Top Bottom