What's new

Tabactober 2020

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
05BB06A0-F78A-40DA-9CD9-137DE28B8A8C.jpeg

Tabactober 27th. Still using Tabac soap.

October 27:

OCtober is almost over and it was time to use my other open comb razors. Therefore, today I switched to my Game Changer .84 OC. Very nice razor but too much for daily use for me. Paired with a Treet Dura Sharp, 2 passes were enough for a super close shave. As far as lathering is concerned, it was also time for some fun! Face lathering Tabac with a huge boar (Omega 10098). I loaded too much (almost 20'') and had lather for another shave. I am not particularly fond of waste, but it is pleasant every now and then.

Happy shaves everyone and have a great Tuesday! :)

SOTD, Tabactober 27, 2020

Tabac continues to perform. Great cushion and glide as always. Have a great day, Gentlemen!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Ever-Ready Single Edge (1917)
Blade: GEM Single Edge (5)
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Burgundy knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Aftershave & Cologne
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's still STR8 Tabactober for me and I've got a new whisker-removing tool: Focus Slim AL R28-3. The first shave with it (and the last with this particular brush, it's going to a new home).
It's very light and nimble albeit less assertive than my other half-DE driver (Chinese 'kamisori'). Quick 2-pass DFS ensued.

sotd_27102020.jpg

Still using Tabac soap every day. This week it's a Maggard synth brush, Tabac in an old OS mug, Timeless OC razor with an Astra SP going on it's third week of daily shaves and Tabac AS splash (most days).

Must have gotten used to the scent as I barely notice it anymore while shaving. The AS lasts a good long while. Working from home everyday has its perks as I could never use the AS and go into the office.

October 28th

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past week. I was for a few days in the mountains enjoying the fall colors and was away from a decent internet connection.

I took today my 10th tabactober shave with the same setup as on the previous days in the mountains:

DE: 15c
Blade: Derby
Soap: Tabac Original Shave Stick
AS: Tabac Original

Razor: Fatip Retro
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: Tabac puck
Brush: RR boar brush (long handle, long bristles)

Good shave, a few weepers, and one blemish that I took off on the chin that I knew was going to be a problem. I always break out this time of the year due to the change in temperatures. NBD. :)

Top Bottom