What's new

Tabactober 2020

SOTD, Tabactober 22, 2020

Lovely shave on a crisp Tabactober morning. Good day, Gentlemen.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fatboy" (F2 - 1960)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Starcraft 24mm Roswell Hybrid Brush
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Aftershave & Cologne
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
cold water splash
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Still using Tabac every day, lately with a 610. Despite all the discussion about the scent, I find that it doesn't linger after the final rinse and as such it is usable with any AS. For the last couple of shaves I finished with Speick and Floid Vigoroso and both completely covered any remaining Tabac scent.

Still using Tabac every day, lately with a 610. Despite all the discussion about the scent, I find that it doesn't linger after the final rinse and as such it is usable with any AS. For the last couple of shaves I finished with Speick and Floid Vigoroso and both completely covered any remaining Tabac scent.
I agree, I've never found the scent of Tabac to linger after the shave. I've always pared it with any aftershave I wanted and the Tabac never interfered with the AS scent.

RazoRock GC84-P SB
Israeli Personna (2)
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Tabac
Nivea Sensitive ASB
I made an interesting discovery this morning. To me, the most significant feature of my Semogue boar brush is its ability to absorb far more water than my badger brushes. This makes it a good choice for extra-hard soaps that can be difficult to lather. But Tabac is not one of those soaps. Even after squeezing out the excess water, I found I started with more moisture in the Tabac bowl than I wanted, as I like to start with a drier, pasty consistency and gradually add a few drops of water as I face lather. No problem, I'll just put the Semogue aside until I decide to do battle with that puck of Geo. F. Trumper that my wife insisted I buy because she loved the smell. And now you all know one of the tricks I'll use to try to get lather out of that b*****d.

SOTD Tabactober 23, 2020

Face feels great after a close and efficient shave with the Merkur 33C/Voskhod blade combination. Cheers, Gents!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Aftershave & Cologne
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner