20201012_144818.jpg

12/10/2020

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (5)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Signature Soaps Danum

For today's shave I soaked my Omega 10075 for a few minutes longer (for around 5 minutes the day before) and the brush definitely splayed a little better with the bristles being more pliable whilst building a lather and it seemed to do the trick, the brush had enough scrub and was a little easier to build a lather with.
The LSP had run out of steam in the Souplex Bakelite, so I put the blade into a slightly more efficient razor and it was a delightfully smooth and comfortable shave today.

SOTD
  • Old Type head on a Tech ball-end handle
  • Nacet (20)
  • Tabac!
  • SOC Taj handle boar
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
I shaved late yesterday, so this morning was a fast XTG pass. I had used the Schoccolo (Schone top cap and handle, with Piccolo Mk.1 plate sandwiched between) and realized - again - that it's not especially efficient. I'll likely stick with the Old Type for a while longer.

I have had an exceptionally busy month. I’ve shaved 8 times this month due work and family obligations. I have stuck to my fixed four.

Using the FOCS I can get away with shaving every other day which has been good lately. When I use it daily, I can literally do a one pass ATG and have DFS.

Tabac ranks right up there with Arko.

The Astra SP’s do not hold up well to 2 days growth on my beard. Once I finish what I have left, I went but any more.

Happy October y’all.

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Fiend

Tue 13th #4Tabactober#10 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Excellent lather from the soap. Densely creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was sharpish, smooth and very comfortable for 3+1 passes for between a bbs to dfs result. 2 weepers for enjoying the shave too much. Very nice post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201013_091040.jpg

13/10/2020

Brush - Omega 10075 (23 mm/48 mm)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Ben's Bay Rum w/Pimento

It's taken a while to get used to using the Omega 10075, and I think that it is a few steps further down the road for its break in its easier to build a lather with and now it comfortably holds enough lather for 2 passes and clean up. The blade and razor performed really well, the Old Type is one of the mildest razors I own and with the right blade it produces one of the most comfortable shaves of any razor I own. From an extended run for using Tabac I've grown to appreciate how great the lather is during the shave, and how fantastic the post shave feel is, my face feel incredibly soft and moisturized when I was applying the splash.
A great shave today.

Top Bottom