What's new

Tabactober 2019

That is soooooooo sad... If I had a spare I'd send it to you. Tabac should be in every den IMHO.
Thanks Alan. I did use up a whole puck of it in the past, and enjoyed it, but feel no need to revisit it. I would say that Tabac should at least pass through every den at some time.

We can all agree here that Tabac is the best soap in the world and there's no point in shaving with anything else.
:straight:

Fixed it for you.

Truthfully, I'm a bit jealous. I'm in Sabbatical and couldn't buy a puck of Tabac to participate. Maybe during resupply so I can participate next year.

There are only 5 or 10 soaps that attract this sort of cult following. Tabac is one of the most popular of these.

Fixed it for you.

Truthfully, I'm a bit jealous. I'm in Sabbatical and couldn't buy a puck of Tabac to participate. Maybe during resupply so I can participate next year.

There are only 5 or 10 soaps that attract this sort of cult following. Tabac is one of the most popular of these.

You've never experienced low structured lather until you've tried Tabac. B&M aspire getting to that level, someday hopefully.

Based on your descriptions in other posts, I get low-structured lather most days with WMS.

But it's your main soap and you've mastered it to that level. Low structured lather with Tabac is dummy proof, hence me shilling endorsing it.

Last edited:
But it's your main soap and you've mastered to that level. Low structured lather with Tabac is dummy proof, hence me shilling endorsing it.

Actually, WMS has been my only soap for the last 180 shaves. I think I have about 25 shaves remaining in the puck.

For now, I plan to try Tabac at the beginning of 2020.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tabactober continues!

Shave 20191006

Prep: Wash face with Neutrogena
Pre-Shave: Cremo
Brush: Yaqi Cashmere Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Post-shave: Thai Alum
Aftershave Splash: Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Tabac continues to perform wonderfully. Mounds of beautifully structured and slick lather. :)

SOTD Tabac rocks it again

Attachments

• PA060028.jpg
    PA060028.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 13
Not using it everyday but tonight will be the second use this month. Just have too many I need to use. Tabac is one of them. Love it though.

Tabactober 6th, Wade & Butcher spalted Maple scales, custom brass boar (RIP BWP) after was my Menthoholic Lime splash.. results phenomenal shave!
IMG_20191006_180407__01.jpg

Tabactober shave #3
Merkur 41C / 1904 + US Personna (1)
Took a hot shower. Face lathered with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No cuts, nicks or leakers. No irritation. Pleasant evening shave.
444A3ECA-7667-46F6-B70B-0AA7B8D6A0E7.jpeg

Last edited:
SOFD:
-Timeless Ti .95 SB with Rapira Swedish Supersteel
-Tabac
-WCS 26mm Silvertip Badger
-Thayers WH + Stirling Noir Splash
Rating: 10/10

I never got around to replying until now, but I’ve been doing nothing but Tabac since October 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Updated!

1. FoolishMortal
2. demaro
3. DBT
4. naughtilus
5. Legacoid
6. never-stop-learning
7. nemo
8. ftrez
9. CarlosAT
10. Kealon7
11. Sotiris_A
12. Johnwick
13. ddown
14. Cleanface
15. Spookmeister
16. bydvoms
17. Gott543
18. BudgetShaverGuy
19. PeteVK
20. Pepin
21. Flying Dutchman
22. Flintstone65
23. Ted A
24. Jake Valdez
25. EB Newfarm
26. Wtd1911
27. bjm
28. sanch
29. 03Jarhead
30. gcconspiracy
31. DBT
32. PennyStonks
33. SPR
34. OhioBob
35. SpannerX
36. GBerry
37. redrako
38. AZBronco
39. RumpleBearskin
40. Ice-Man
41. Mtnredhed
42. Sideways Tremolo
43. Demaratus

Tabactober shave #4
Merkur 41C + US Personna Blue (2)
Hot shower. Used Lather & Wood Preshave Oil. Face lather with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS. No issues. Pleasant shave.

Top Bottom