What's new

Tabactober 2019

Had a quick Tabac shave late last night, no pics unfortunately.

PreShave: GroomingDept Unscented
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Merkur 34c (Astra Stainless 1x)
Post: Nivea Deep A/S followed by GroomingDept Post Shave Serum

BBS!

Tabactober shave #16
Merkur 41C + Gillette Nacet (3)
Use Lather & Wood Preshave Oil. Face lather with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No issues.

Tabactober shave #17
Merkur 41C + Gillette Nacet (4)
Used Lather & Wood Preshave Oil. Face lathered with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No issues. Pleasant Saturday morning shave.

Has anyone here noticed that Tabac is a little drying? Maybe it's just me, but my skin always feels tight after using Tabac.
How close we shave has a lot to do with this. If I push for a BBS shave, then I will notice more issues with prep and lather. If I stop at DFS, then lather issues are almost non existent. YMMV on this.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20191019

No shave on 10/18 (Lazy Friday) so working on two full days of growth.

Prep: Wash face with Neutrogena
Pre-shave: Cremo
Brush: Yaqi Cashmere Synthetic
Bowl: Timeless BLUE (First use and I already really like this bowl)
Razor: Gillette Hybrid Tech, MR11 Handle
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (7 - retired after this shave)
Post-shave1: Crystal Thai Alum Stick
Post-shave2: Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel plus Organic Moroccan Rose Water (3:1 ratio)
Aftershave Balm: CeraVe
Aftershave: Tabac

The Tabac produced mounds of yogurt-like lather using the Timeless BLUE bowl.

A great, comfortable, relaxing and smooth shave.

Tabactober shave #18
Merkur 41C + Gillette Nacet (1)
Used Lather & Wood Preshave Oil. Face lather with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS. Mild Witch Hazel report. No issues. Pleasant shave.

I have been shavingwith Tabac soap exclusively all month . I have been using a Vulfix 274 nd a 1978 Superspeed. Tabac is in my rotation year round .

Tabactober 20th.
Late night shave, no time this morning..
Prep-wet face, pre lathered then hot towel over lather (TABAC of course)
Razor-Custom 5/8 one piece
Soap-Tabac
Brush-Custom boar in Ultem
After- the same same! GJ alum, Menthoholic Lime splash!
Results from 3 passes WTG, ATG, and small cleanup were a little less comfortable but BBS. The hot towel is what I'm thinking made the shave a little less comfortable I know this sounds counterintuitive but the skin on my face is not used to the way that I prepped tonight. Nonetheless it's always great to shave with a razor that I made using soap that I love!
IMG_20191020_200400__01.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20191020

Prep: Wash face with Neutrogena
Pre-shave: Cremo
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Badger
Lather Bowl: Timeless BLUE
Razor: Karve Brass C-SB Plate
Blade: Kai (4)
Post-shave1: Crystal Thai Alum Stick
Post-shave2: Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel plus Organic Moroccan Rose Water (3:1 ratio)
Aftershave Balm: CeraVe
Aftershave: Tabac

WTG, XTG, selected ATG, plus minor buffing and touch--up.

A very comfortable and smooth shave.

The combination of Tabac and the Timeless BLUE shaving bowl is really good. Mounds of slick and cushioned lather.

Last edited:
Haven't been posting much in general, but I've only been using Tabac for this month, and it proves that I have to get more of it when the restock time for the yearly shave buying sabbatical comes up. I can't run out of this soap, it's my favorite, scent and all! Today it was an Omega boar, the Future knockoff, and a Personna Red. Excellent close shave after 3 passes and not much in the way of buffing. Did have one weeper in a usual spot (have a scar there), but nothing in the way of irritation when I used the aftershave at the end.

Top Bottom