What's new

Tabac

Seeing that ive never used a splash cologne before im curious what the best way to apply this would be. I have a empty atomizer I could use or is splash the best....if so how much or vice a versa?

Hello Sean,

I use a cosmetic square with splash-ons (open top). I soak the square then lightly rub it all over my chest area. With splash-on ***, I am more liberal by also lightly rubbing the pad on my shoulders, arms and back of neck.

I don't use a cotton ball, because it absorbs too much product and leaves cotton fibers on my skin.

Splashing the product into my palms can be wasteful and one can overdo the application. If you want to try this method, make sure you wet your palms first, then splash-on some product into your palms. The water will prevent the product from being absorbed into your palms.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX North of Dallas

So it would be safe to apply this particular product with a cotton round on the back of neck and shoulders with out choking everyone in the room. Im so used to synthetic fragrances and spritzes.

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Splashing the product into my palms can be wasteful and one can overdo the application. If you want to try this method, make sure you wet your palms first, then splash-on some product into your palms. The water will prevent the product from being absorbed into your palms.
I have been finding that when I am still all "steamy" from just getting out of the shower, the cologne seems to "stick" better and has more lasting power. When I am dried off, it seems to only last for a few hours vs. all day with the just out of the shower method.

Were working on 7 hours and im still catching wiffs of it......I applied it to a swab and rubed my chest, shoulders, arms, and back of neck. I might have went a little over kill because it was preety strong at first.

gage0921 said:
Were working on 7 hours and im still catching wiffs of it......I applied it to a swab and rubed my chest, shoulders, arms, and back of neck. I might have went a little over kill because it was preety strong at first.
As long as you don't leave a puddle, I think it's okay. :smile:

Hi Sean,
Tabac is a very pronounced fragrance. Nothing light or subtle. When you wear it, people will smell it if they come near. It has phenomenal staying power too. I can put it on at 5:00AM after a shower and still smell it on my arms at 5:00PM after a day at work. BTW, there is nothing wrong with that.
To apply it, I find that if
  • I wet my palms with warm water,
  • shake off the excess,
  • put a tiny pool of the cologne in one hand,
  • rub my two palms together,
  • and finally rub it on the target areas,
I get a good application.

guenron said:
Hi Sean,
Tabac is a very pronounced fragrance. Nothing light or subtle. When you wear it, people will smell it if they come near. It has phenomenal staying power too. I can put it on at 5:00AM after a shower and still smell it on my arms at 5:00PM after a day at work. BTW, there is nothing wrong with that.
To apply it, I find that if
  • I wet my palms with warm water,
  • shake off the excess,
  • put a tiny pool of the cologne in one hand,
  • rub my two palms together,
  • and finally rub it on the target areas,
I get a good application.
Rubbing on Ron's target areas... **shudder** :18:

Top Bottom