What's new

Tabac

This is interesting because when applying the stick to my face I get a bit of a burn. That does lessen when lathering up but it's never been an issue with the pick. Now I know why :)
rub puck on your face, like stick, and it will have the same effect. of course it's different...you are rubbing stick on your face and then make lather, and with puck you are rubbing brush against the soap and then make lather on the face/in the bowl. :)

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

...How do you preserve the scent for long time? I know the quality last for many years but how about the scent. Again I am sorry I just didn’t want to start a thread all over again about tabac.
The sticks will lose moisture content over time, i.e. dry out, and lose their scent.
The best you could do is vacuum-seal the items and refrigerate them.
If that's not possible, put them in close fitting containers, such as a zip-lock bags or jars, and refrigerate.
I should not recommend freezing, even if sealed.
Perhaps you could just sell off the extras.
Some might say that losing the scent wouldn't be such a bad thing....

I don’t want hijack the topic but, on a reckless moment I bought about 10 refills (tabac). I don’t know I just felt like that one day it will not be available.

How do you preserve the scent for long time? I know the quality last for many years but how about the scent. Again I am sorry I just didn’t want to start a thread all over again about tabac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For stick, nothing...just close the lid after using. For puck, well, the same :) But all in all, stick has little bit stronger scent than puck even when freshly opened. Puck is more mellow.

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

Performance and smell are fantastic for me. I consistently get a great lather from it. It is as good as the current artisan soaps in performance if not better. I also like the Palmolive shave stick as performance is superb and the smell is light and unobtrusive. I panicked after hearing about the factory closing down and ordered few refills of Tabac. It will always have a place in my rotation.

I don’t want hijack the topic but, on a reckless moment I bought about 10 refills (tabac). I don’t know I just felt like that one day it will not be available.

How do you preserve the scent for long time? I know the quality last for many years but how about the scent. Again I am sorry I just didn’t want to start a thread all over again about tabac.

I would vacuum seal them and then put them in the freezer. I think that will preserve the scent better than anything else.

The sticks will lose moisture content over time, i.e. dry out, and lose their scent.
The best you could do is vacuum-seal the items and refrigerate them.
If that's not possible, put them in close fitting containers, such as a zip-lock bags or jars, and refrigerate.
I should not recommend freezing, even if sealed.
Perhaps you could just sell off the extras.
Some might say that losing the scent wouldn't be such a bad thing....

Just curious why you wouldn't freeze them? Not trying to start an argument just wanting to learn given that one of the common things to do to make a Cella brick last is to freeze it.

Performance and smell are fantastic for me. I consistently get a great lather from it. It is as good as the current artisan soaps in performance if not better. I also like the Palmolive shave stick as performance is superb and the smell is light and unobtrusive. I panicked after hearing about the factory closing down and ordered few refills of Tabac. It will always have a place in my rotation.
Factory closing down?When?I need to stock up!

Factory closing down?When?I need to stock up!
Supposedly it will not affect them is what I heard last. It is the same factory where the Fine soaps were made. Here is an article.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Supposedly it will not affect them is what I heard last. It is the same factory where the Fine soaps were made. Here is an article.
Yeah, but I should probably get some. My luck isn't the best sometimes, LOL!

[/QUOTE

Oh boy.... my nightmares come true.

Well I found a source to get them for 8.50€ (Greece) so 10 more coming in!

I have tried most of the big traditional soaps and creams but I have never tried Tabac. My fear is that very perfumed creams/soaps can give me irritation. Anyone ever experienced this with Tabac?

Top Bottom