What's new

Tabac!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It is a OK soap, I bought some 3 yrs ago in just a replacement puck form and it lasts and lasts. Scent is ok but nothing special. I always noticed the post shave with Tabac my skin feels hydrated and softer & that is why I still use it.
Tabac has good lather qualities for protection of the blade and hardly ever get nicks or weepers from using it.

I've given it a wide berth. I do have a poor sense of smell, but from what I've read, not poor enough. :001_tongu

When I first removed Tabac from its foil wrapper, I nearly gagged at the scent. I could not stand using it. However, after leaving it open for a couple of weeks, it settles down to a rather pleasant scent. It is certainly not my favorite scent, but at lease I can use it.

I've been using my first puck for about 5 months and still have about 2 to go. Using it 3017 style and loading heavy.

The scent was questionable at first, bearable shortly after and now I'm sneaking whiffs when I'm in the area.

Initially the scent was of gandmom's handbag (perfumy with undertones of leather and fresh tobacco), now it just smells like easy lathers, smooth shaves and a great post shave feel. And it still smells better than the valobra I was using before which was essence of wet cardboard box.

I've been using my first puck for about 5 months and still have about 2 to go. Using it 3017 style and loading heavy.

The scent was questionable at first, bearable shortly after and now I'm sneaking whiffs when I'm in the area.

Initially the scent was of gandmom's handbag (perfumy with undertones of leather and fresh tobacco), now it just smells like easy lathers, smooth shaves and a great post shave feel. And it still smells better than the valobra I was using before which was essence of wet cardboard box.
Tabac does have a great post shave feel.

Just un-retired my Tabac jar after reading this post. I will definitely use it over the next few days and maybe take it back to my rotation

I love its performance and scent, but I’m not someone who likes to be overly perfumed especially at work, but given the quarantine period this is not an issue anymore

Bought my first Tabac puck last week and used it for the first time head shave last night

very creamy and thick lather - think I need to add more water
it was easy to lather
Good cushioning
The scent is fine and not powerful at all
I didn’t notice too much residual slickness after each pass

I prefer Cella, but I’m glad I got this
it’s now in my top 4/5 soaps (MdC, SV, Cella, Tabac, castle Forbes lime cream)

looking forward to more shaves to dial it in a bit better

A34FA390-B831-4D68-A603-B2EB7C054779.jpeg

Tabac!! My lasting impression is always a thick, creamy, and slick lather with quite a unique scent indeed. In my weekly rotation for sure...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Great stuff for sure! I use the shave stick normally. I bought the puck with the dish last time. Can’t wait to use it!

One of my earliest favorite soaps and scents. But as I'm now in my mid 70s, it seems to irritate my rosacea if I use it too frequently. Wish I had used Tabac this morning, when testing out a new Rudy 2-band Shavemac knot brush. Next time!!

Tabac is one of the longest lasting soaps you can get. A puck should last you a year, a stick nine months. It lathers great. The scent is very Germanic and masculine. And it's so cheap! Why buy anything else?

Why? Because I like variety, both in performance and in scents. I know some folks use a single soap day in and day out, but for me, that would be about as boring as eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast. I do eat oatmeal nearly every morning, but it gets old. I only eat it because it helps with some of my health issues. Shaving provides some variety that my breakfast lacks.

Just used it again tonight and got a most comfortable perfect shave. This soap has a high level of cushion to it. Slickness is there too. I’ve been shaving everyday now using it with no irritation. It’s been a pleasant change for me. It’s helped me turn into a daily shaver. Wow!

Top Bottom