What's new

Tabac!

Broke out the Tabac that njpaddy (Brian) so kindly pifed back around Halloween, and used it this morning! First time ever with Tabac shaving soap, and WOW!! Light Tabac aftershave aroma, easy to lather, and with characteristics of Kabinett (may cause me to break out my last half bar of Kabinett). With Tabac, D.R. Harris, one more original AOS tallow puck, Fine Vetiver, and a bit of C&E Sweet Almond Oil, I may be finished with shaving soap shopping forever!

Broke out the Tabac that njpaddy (Brian) so kindly pifed back around Halloween, and used it this morning! First time ever with Tabac shaving soap, and WOW!! Light Tabac aftershave aroma, easy to lather, and with characteristics of Kabinett (may cause me to break out my last half bar of Kabinett). With Tabac, D.R. Harris, one more original AOS tallow puck, Fine Vetiver, and a bit of C&E Sweet Almond Oil, I may be finished with shaving soap shopping forever!

That would be a great line-up!! I would add Haslinger’s schafmilch, which you really should try! :a29:

At a local shaving meet, one guy unwrapped a puck of Tabac and rubbed it on a vintage strop that had dried out. It was the first time I had smelled Tabac and probably the last. I am not sure I would want it in my bathroom. It is definitely an acquired scent.

At a local shaving meet, one guy unwrapped a puck of Tabac and rubbed it on a vintage strop that had dried out. It was the first time I had smelled Tabac and probably the last. I am not sure I would want it in my bathroom. It is definitely an acquired scent.
Ha! Looking at you I would have pegged you as a Tabac man.

Tabac is definitely a great performing soap. I wish I liked the scent more, but maybe some day I'll give it another try.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nice! I am so glad to see Tabac returning to the front of the line for folks here. Nothing wrong with the artisans that have helped our hobby over the past 10+ years, but there is something to be said for the old time staples.

Tabac is the best shaving soap I’ve used. Best performance and scent. Haslinger Schafmilch is definitely top shelf, but for me Tabac is number one!

Tabac is my current favorite soap as well. The only soap that I ever liked better was the Old Spice soap by Shulton.

I must be doing something wrong. I have been a regular user of Wool Fat shaving soap for a couple of years now and have been very happy with it, no matter what razor/blade combination I am using it gives me a clean, close and well cushioned shave. After reading several rave reviews of Tabac Shaving Soap here and elsewhere I purchased a puck a couple of weeks ago and began using it. It lathers well (though not any better than my Wool Fat) but shaving with it has been a disaster. It is as reliably awful as my Wool Fat is reliably good. Again, no matter what the razor/blade combination, if feels as if my blade is grabbing each whisker and pulling it out of my face by its root. It turns even my normally efficient ATT Aluminum SE1 into an unimaginably inefficient shaver requiring multiple passes in all directions. Has anyone else experienced this with Tabac and if so were you able to fix it and how? Clearly a YMMV experience.

Had my best straight razor shave ever with Tabac (incredible against the grain), but I just could not abide the scent. It had to go.

its great stuff alright, ill never be without it

proxy.php

Top Bottom