What's new

Tabac vs Hard Water

Going to make this short and straight to the point. While having a horrible experience with Van De Hagen I tried Tabac with both a boar hair and badger hair brush. Following instructions found on Badger and Blade and also Razor Emporium I went to work. Two different mornings. Tabac soap makes lather effortlessly!! Thick and smooth! GREAT SHAVE! Hard water was no obstacle to this soap!!
Thanks for reading!
- Preacher_Man

Attachments

• 20200328_101703.jpg
    20200328_101703.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Tabac has proven to be hard water proof for me. I’ve gotten every other soap I’ve used to perform but it takes an extra bit of effort and loading.

I've never had to deal with hard water before, but am glad to know Tabac works ok with it! Who knows where my travels will take me in the future, but I'll surely have my Tabac stick with me, it's great stuff.

It has become my main soap.
Lathers great in any condition.
It doesn't have a heavy "fat" feeling of some soaps, has great protection and its actually pretty economical because it lasts forever.

Going to make this short and straight to the point. While having a horrible experience with Van De Hagen I tried Tabac with both a boar hair and badger hair brush. Following instructions found on Badger and Blade and also Razor Emporium I went to work. Two different mornings. Tabac soap makes lather effortlessly!! Thick and smooth! GREAT SHAVE! Hard water was no obstacle to this soap!!
Thanks for reading!
- Preacher_Man

Welcome to B&B, Sir PreacherMan!
Thanks for the great report!

This is good to know. One thing I've been wondering, though... Does the smell of the soap linger for a while after shaving? I don't mind the smell (I kind of like it, actually) but I don't know how well it will work layered with my favorite AS.

I think it dissipates, or at the very least lends itself as a pretty neutral base for another A/S... not confirmed, just my thought.

I’m kinda OCD about matching aftershaves to soaps...

This is good to know. One thing I've been wondering, though... Does the smell of the soap linger for a while after shaving? I don't mind the smell (I kind of like it, actually) but I don't know how well it will work layered with my favorite AS.

It hangs around in a very subtle way. I wish it was stronger but have my deodorant stick and cologne spray to compensate :D

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Best stuff - when my Irisch Moos finally runs out, I hope they will still be pumping out Tabac. And, just to my nose, the scent is good & doesn't last too long.

Top Bottom