What's new

Tabac VS Arko

Tabac vs Arko

• TABAC smells great but ARKO stinks

• ARKO smells great but TABAC stinks

• They BOTH smell GREAT

• I can't stand the smell of either

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think everyone agrees both Tabac and Arko work great but I seem to be in the minority of people who likes the smell of Arko but not Tabac. I'm curious if the people who like the smell of Arko don't like the smell of Tabac.

I think it's unfair to pit the two against each other.

Those of us who have traveled for work or leisure to far away eastern cities and have seen big white sheets hanging out to dry in a field, give off this smell that Arko resembles. It's got a very old school scent, that's for sure, but that's what makes it unique. It's not meant to be fruity.

Tabac, don't know the soap scent, but know the aftershave and bodywash scent, so I can safely say that it's a masculine scent which matches the name. I'd say both are good :)

I didn't vote because I haven't tried Arko.

Tabac is probably the best performing soap I've tried. But the smell isn't my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I do like the smell, it's just that it's not my favorite.

I think it's unfair to pit the two against each other.

Those of us who have traveled for work or leisure to far away eastern cities and have seen big white sheets hanging out to dry in a field, give off this smell that Arko resembles. It's got a very old school scent, that's for sure, but that's what makes it unique. It's not meant to be fruity.

Tabac, don't know the soap scent, but know the aftershave and bodywash scent, so I can safely say that it's a masculine scent which matches the name. I'd say both are good :)

Would you say Arko is an old school soapy, barber scent? I might like that.

J

Jarmo P

Tabac is a nice scent, and Arko sucks in smell, but not too much since I use them both daily.
My first brush load is from Tabac bowl and after my first pass and rinse I rub Arko stick on my face and then relather. Arko is a good soap dispite that cleanser smell. Wish they change it though without any adverse effect on lathering quality.

Hey, let the man explore a new angle. :biggrin: It's good to challenge the traditional dogma, even if Tabac smells like a lusciious blond with a Farah Fawcett hairdo in a steamy smokey nightclub and Arko smells like a nasty detegent in the basement.

OK, I confess I've only tried the tabac.
The results are interesting so far. I was thinking there would be far less people that like the smell of both.
Maybe it's the smoky nightclub smell that I hate. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and I can't stand the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Blah.
Now I do like the smell of aged tobacco and I had hopped for more that sort of smell.
I agree with New2DEshaving, the first time I smelled the Arko, I thought of clean white sheets blowing in the wind. It just has a nice clean scent. And not like that crap on the market that claims a clean fresh scent.

I expect anyone who is thrown into fits over a "perfume" may have had a very bad experience and that past trauma has imprinted that scent on the fight and flight part of their brain. Laundry soap, cologne and window cleaner may use similar scents.

If you've had a really bad time in close proximity to a urinal cake it is only reasonable to not want to revisit the event.

That has no bearing on the way Arko might be received by the general population.

The smell of fresh cut grass might have positive association for similar reasons to those who played happily on their lawn as children.

For someone who ran over their foot with the power mower however;
the smell will be reminiscent of
flying dog ****,
blood and the
realization the dancing career is over
and that further -
one's life path will be restricted to
small one way circles.
:eek:

That will however have no bearing on products with fragrances similar to fresh cut grass for anyone.
(except for Hop Along Cassidy of course)
:biggrin:

If a few people say they find a scent - that was meant to please - pleasant - you have evidence it might please you too.

If a few people say they find a scent - that was meant to please - extremely unpleasant - you have little or no evidence it might not please you unless you too "got down with a urinal cake".

Top Bottom