What's new

Tabac VS Arko

Tabac vs Arko

• TABAC smells great but ARKO stinks

• ARKO smells great but TABAC stinks

• They BOTH smell GREAT

• I can't stand the smell of either

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Tabac! By the way, is the first "a" in Tabac a "long a" or "short a"? I am trying to get an idea on how to pronounce it properly.

In the minority here. I have and use both of them, but much prefer the soapy Arko scent. I can tolerate Tabac's scent, but it smells like somebody spilled perfume in the ashtray of their '67 Chevy Caprice.

Tabac is a scent that you either love it or hate it. I find the scent grows on you and then it gets to the point where you start to crave it fortnightly.

What a surprising poll result!
Currently
TABAC smells great but ARKO stinks: 25
ARKO smells great but TABAC stinks : 5
They BOTH smell GREAT: 17
I can't stand the smell of either: 7

Combining #2 and #3 we have 22 (ok - great Arko scent) vs 25 (Arko stinks)

I use them both and they are certainly both in my top 3...Performance and scent is good but if I had too choose only one the winner would be (without a doubt) ;

ARKO

Gotta go with my favorite the ARKO, love both the scent and lather , oh so fresh and clean , havent tried the Tabac as yet but the Afteshave and deo is easily available over here so know the smell even from a young boy and have never really liked it which is why have'nt rushed out to buy the soap, so its definately the ARKO for me, and its the original Turkish shaving soap and what all the Barbers use and have used for years, the fragrance will never change.

Either that, or several members enjoy the scent of urinal pucks...

+1. While it's all about your personal preference, I can not stand Arko. While I was grateful for the free sample Gio sent me, and I was impressed with the lather Arko created, the scent was a deal breaker.

Life is too short to deal with scents that remind you of dorm room bathrooms.

I love Tabac! By the way, is the first "a" in Tabac a "long a" or "short a"? I am trying to get an idea on how to pronounce it properly.

Since nobody answered this poor guy...

If you're pronouncing it in English it SHOULD be Tuh-bahk. But it could be pronounced tuh-baek.

(the "A" sound as in the word "brass" only occurs in english and I would spell it phonetically as "ae")

So like Tabacco with out the O

Or with a bah like bah humbug.

In every other language vowels are pronounced the same unless followed by a double consonant. So if it were spelled Taback it would sound different. In German I believe it would be pronounced the same. (This is a product of Germany, no?) so... Tah-bahk.

Sorry, I'm a vocal major in a music college.

I like scent of both arko and tabac. gotta throw my arko away, because it does dry my skin. now i use tabac mostly of all soaps.

Though we put both and the veg through the verbaal wringer of love. They have a special place in our heart ❤️.

Top Bottom