Tabac vs Arko

• TABAC smells great but ARKO stinks

• ARKO smells great but TABAC stinks

• They BOTH smell GREAT

• I can't stand the smell of either

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

mtcn77

Not that easy. They’re somehow resisting to the criticisms.
I just bought a green laurel soap from them and believe it or not, they put the same citronella, geraniol and limonene mix that is also found in the Arko. The laurel adds a sweetness to it and almost makes it smelling like an apple soap.

It is quite distinctive what they do with soap, like adding cinnamon and cloves to some hand soaps. They understand the market.

I just bought a green laurel soap from them and believe it or not, they put the same citronella, geraniol and limonene mix that is also found in the Arko. The laurel adds a sweetness to it and almost makes it smelling like an apple soap.

It is quite distinctive what they do with soap, like adding cinnamon and cloves to some hand soaps. They understand the market.
Whose product you talking about?

M

mtcn77

I got the Tabac and Proraso Azur Lime today. The contrast in their aromas were so striking, I thought they were coming from a well-rounded single product. They complemented each other that good.
First, Proraso Azur Lime freshens you, then Tabac takes over in its honeysuckle class sweet aroma. They are so close but different.
Arko is in a different middle note entirely. It starts sharp, yet as you bloom it consecutively, its note becomes mellower than Proraso, but never as middle of the middle as Tabac.

Hi, if the thread is still going strong, I want to know how you store your Arko? . . .
I believe it was FarmerTan who suggested using an Rx pill bottle. The stick, I find, is still too tall to close the bottle, but after the stick dries post-shave, I rest the cap atop the stick. Certainly the scent (which is not bad) is not detectable that way, and it does look a bit neater.

Well not possible to buy arko here in India so only tabac shave stick is available ro buy at a far reasonable price of ₹937/- or 12.9 USD including shipping

M

mtcn77

I don't think any other soap could absorb as much water as Tabac Original.

I didn't even wet my face this time, just painted it on my face with a brush and by the last pass, the remainder in the bowl had used up what started like it wouldn't form into a lather.

It is a highlight that seperates it from the rest, imo.

Top Bottom