What's new

Tabac - the scent - not!

No, this is definitely grandma's make-up drawer, not grandpa's smoking jacket!
(I think I'd be okay with the latter.)
It smells like grandpa's smoking jacket after being stuffed in grandma's makup drawer for a month.

I think that the Tabac is okay; nothing special.

I'm always amazed, though, by those who criticize the Arko stick and then lavish praise on this dreck. :laugh:

-- John Gehman

I think Arko smells much better than Tabac. They lather and shave about the same to me. Two bucks for Arko vs $20 for Tabac -- no contest.
I did a pollhttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42139&highlight=tabac+arko a while back on the love it or hate smell of Arko and Tabac.

I have refrained from criticizing Tabac's smell. It is a great shaving soap, provides good results but the fragrance is an acquired taste.

I can take or leave it's smell, but I certainly can't leave its performance as a shaving soap. I haven't found anything that matches it terms of slickness.

I can take or leave it's smell, but I certainly can't leave its performance as a shaving soap. I haven't found anything that matches it terms of slickness.

That exactly describes my feelings about Tabac. It earns a prime position in the rotation because of performance, no question.:001_smile

Well, I (finally) used Tabac for the first time today, via a BBE v2.

Observations:
1) the scent in the box & wrapper is, to my ofactory sensibilities, nasty.
2) out of the box for the morning, I'd not seek it out, but it's pretty much a non-issue
3) it makes a nice lather ...
4) ... but I really don't see what everyone's on about. I don't find it any noticeably better than HBS or Proraso in that regard
5) I don't think it likes my skin -- my cheeks have been kind of irritated the rest of the afternoon

Hence this post.

Well, I (finally) used Tabac for the first time today, via a BBE v2.

Observations:
1) the scent in the box & wrapper is, to my ofactory sensibilities, nasty.
2) out of the box for the morning, I'd not seek it out, but it's pretty much a non-issue
3) it makes a nice lather ...
4) ... but I really don't see what everyone's on about. I don't find it any noticeably better than HBS or Proraso in that regard
5) I don't think it likes my skin -- my cheeks have been kind of irritated the rest of the afternoon

Hence this post.

It's lubricating qualities are much better than that of Proraso, though I do think KMF equals it in terms of slickness. IMO, these two are about equal in slickness.

Top Bottom