What's new

Tabac, The Original Since 1959

This thread convinced me to use it again yesterday. You realize when you lather up with it after not using in a few weeks how good it really is. I have so many soaps that I don't use some of the better ones as often as I should. However, I really can't think of any soaps or creams that disappoint!!

I keep meaning to try this stuff but keep hearing it doesn't have much residual slickness and that kinda puts a stop to it. Love the packaging! Wished more soap companies put that effort into packaging

Tabac is one of my top soaps for latherability, face feel, and overall excellence. I also happen to also love the scent, especially on cold days. Paired with the aftershave on a day below freezing Tabac can't be beat IMHO.

There's something comforting to me about seeing Tabac threads pop up on the Soap forum. I've been coming here for a few years now and every once in a while a Tabac conversation comes up-I like the continuity of it.

Anyway, reminiscing aside, I think Tabac is a solid performer. Not my top soap, but in what I would call the 2nd tier. Solid slickness and good cushion. The post-shave is not overly moisturizing for me as compared to something like Haslinger or B&M, but putting the right post-shave on solves that.

Scent wise, I'm in the middle-don't love it but don't hate it either. After the shave I actually get more of an ambery, warm scent from it. I'm actually considering using it for my summer soap, considering it will have the right amount of post-shave and a nice scent to carry around with me through the summer day.

great shave with Tabac today!
SWMBO even complimented!
Need I say more?!

proxy.php

I keep meaning to try this stuff but keep hearing it doesn't have much residual slickness and that kinda puts a stop to it. Love the packaging! Wished more soap companies put that effort into packaging

What have you got to lose, buy it if and I mean if you don't like it put another soap in the dish. As you have said you love the packaging it has every thing, I don't go by hearsay, putting it blunt your the one missing out because what you hear. Or even buy the puck without the dish.

20170225_032615.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a Tabacoholic for a reason. I've got Tabac bath soap, spray deodorant, shaving soap, bath gel, aftershave and cologne. The magic combo is shaving soap and aftershave, which I used today for the first time in months. Among my thousands of soap/cream and aftershave combos, there's nothing better.

The performance of Tabac soap is as good as any. I loved the scent also the first time I smelled it. So I got the aftershave also. Two great products.

Tabac.JPG

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I love the Tabac, but sadly my skin does not. I got on a jag of using the soap and the after shave lotion. It was too much for my skin to handle. Now, my face won't tolerate any. My ear turns red and starts burning when I am around it.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I bought my first puck about three days ago and have used it since. I also ordered the cologne. I think it is the best performing soap I've used so far and I love the scent. But I'm 56 years old and I think it may be better suited to middle aged guys rather than those under 30 or so who've grown up in the era of "aquatic/ocean" type scents. Beautiful lather.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
... and how EASY this soap is to work.

Added too much water today on the second pass- got creamier but completely usable lather.

Scents are subjective, but performance is not. It's got a wide "sweet spot," hydration-wise.

AA

... and how EASY this soap is to work.

Added too much water today on the second pass- got creamier but completely usable lather.

Scents are subjective, but performance is not. It's got a wide "sweet spot," hydration-wise.
AA

You shouldn't have to add water for the second pass. There should be enough lather left between the bowl and the brush all set to go.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OK, OK. Build lather in bowl ... take leisurely 2-3 minutes for first shave pass.

*Sprinkle a few drops of water in bowl* to rehydrate 2-3 minutes worth of drying; keep whipping ... amazing second lather pass.

But Tabac really is the best, you know. :a5: Ask the Beatles!

AA

Top Bottom