What's new

Tabac, Speick: Yes or No?

is the new tabac vegan soap still considered a hard/triple milled puck? someone on here said it doesn't last as long as the tallow tabac. also, did they reformulate the tabac shave stick removing the tallow?

is the new tabac vegan soap still considered a hard/triple milled puck? someone on here said it doesn't last as long as the tallow tabac. also, did they reformulate the tabac shave stick removing the tallow?
New soap pucks and sticks use a similar formula. They're hard milled soaps. I'm not sure how long they will last compared to the old formula. I wouldn't expect there to be a drastic difference, though.

If Tabac smelled like Speick it would be perfect. Joking I like the scent of Tabac but Speick better.

Tabac gives me a very close shave. Maybe to close. I rarely use it more than a few days at a time. It' not like I'm grasping for the aluminum block when I use it. The opposite is true. It pretty much gives you the same close shave no mater how much water I use. Within reason that is. Compared to Speick, Speick feels better after shaving and can be throttled depending how close you want to go.

Speick can be a little more pricey but the lemony scent is very impressive. I've tried Tabac after shave it's very good and would love to try Speick's too.

Tabac seems to last a little longer before reaching bottom.

Late to the party, but I love Tabac tallow. You can e-mail the seller and ask them to check the ingredients to make sure you get the tallow version. Have them check for “tallowate” in the list. There’s a huge difference between their tallow and vegan soaps.

I’ve used Speick cream and aftershave. The AS is magic.

So I pulled the trigger on both last night. I am very excited. I ordered the Speick stick, a Tabac refill puck, and some Lucky Tiger aftershave lotion.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Oh my... be prepared to be asked many questions!

May I start with... 1) Would you please post a picture of the ingredients from the Tabac packaging? And 2) Would you please provide the name of the Amazon reseller/vendor?

Asking those questions because Maurer & Wirtz, the maker of Tabac, reformulated a year ago to stop using tallow. You either received old stock (a good thing) which will be evident from the packaging, and will cause a mini stampede among B&B members. Or M&W reformulated again to return to using tallow (a good thing too). Either way, the packaging should tell the story.

Regardless, congratulations on your big score!

Oh my... be prepared to be asked many questions!

May I start with... 1) Would you please post a picture of the ingredients from the Tabac packaging? And 2) Would you please provide the name of the Amazon reseller/vendor?

Asking those questions because Maurer & Wirtz, the maker of Tabac, reformulated a year ago to stop using tallow. You either received old stock (a good thing) which will be evident from the packaging, and will cause a mini stampede among B&B members. Or M&W reformulated again to return to using tallow (a good thing too). Either way, the packaging should tell the story.

Regardless, congratulations on your big score!
I absolutely knew this was coming as soon as I pressed Enter
Glow Beauty Inc was the Amazon vendor

Unfortunately the trash collection is today, I'll check down to see if the recycle bin has been taken yet.
I do recall Sodium Tallowate being in the ingredient list.

At the risk of looking like a mad man; the new guy delivers...

5A6BF2E6-8A5F-4F85-BC90-8A279C336118.jpeg

Tabac: great performance. Strange smell.

The endless Arko urinal puck threads were actually started by Tabac operatives to deflect attention from one of the worst-smelling shave soaps known to man - at least when it's fresh out the pack. Give it a few months to air out & calm down and it starts to grow on you.

Tabac: great performance. Strange smell.

The endless Arko urinal puck threads were actually started by Tabac operatives to deflect attention from one of the worst-smelling shave soaps known to man - at least when it's fresh out the pack. Give it a few months to air out & calm down and it starts to grow on you.
I guess I'm weird. I liked it right away. Currently, my whole bathroom smells like Tabac; it's that strong.

The one I got, which is from a different seller on Amazon, is the new formulation. Unfortunately I am not in a position to pull the trigger and snatch up one of the old formulations.

Top Bottom