What's new

tabac smell

Yes. I'm on a vacation in the Adirondacks. Hoping it will have arrived by the time I return.

Never thought UK shipping would be this slow. Proraso until then.

It was the same for me when I ordered the stick from Amazon. ~2.5 weeks from the UK. At least you're on vacation!

Think 'old ladies Handbag'. Then smell it again [emoji12]
My grandmother's handbag smelled like perfume or rose sachets. Tabac smells more like my uncle Paul's pipe tobacco. I think it was some kind of bourbon and cherry flavor.

btw When I was youngster I snuck a puff. It smelled great but tasted BAAAAD!!! :)

My paternal grandfather always used Tabac, as did my father. Tabac is the only shaving soap that's always in my rotation. I do also use the following Tabac products:
  • Deo spray
  • Aftershave or aftershave Balm
  • EDT
  • Shower gel.
If the hair cream had better hold I'd be using that as well. The Tabac scent can be too sweet out of the bottle but once applied the scent mellows down to a very nice masculine scent, still sweet though. I must confess that I wouldn't want to be without it.

"Old ladies handbag"? I used to work as a nursing assistant in long-term care facilities (in the '80's & '90's) and, while I never ran across someone who used brush & soap for shaving, I'll admit that TABAC does have the smell of something much older, much greater than some of the newer artisan upstart whippersnappers. I tried it for the first time last night, and was struck how much the smell reminded me of . . . the '70's.

It was one of the best shaves that I've had since starting this journey four years ago. I'll never not shave without soap & brush, and I'm likely to stay with these classics now that I've finally found them.

TABAC Arrived! :a0: Smell was milder than expected. Reminded me of something between SC Fougere and my grandparents' pink master bathroom. Very slick and produced way more lather than should be permitted under the law. Enjoyed the shave and it goes into rotation.

20170829_191346.jpg

TABAC Arrived! :a0: Smell was milder than expected. Reminded me of something between SC Fougere and my grandparents' pink master bathroom. Very slick and produced way more lather than should be permitted under the law. Enjoyed the shave and it goes into rotation.

View attachment 816773
I'm glad that you liked it. Tabac is the only soap I've shaved with the last couple of weeks. I see no need to make a change tomorrow either.

I kind of like the scent of Tabac. I keep it in an old purse to keep it fresh.

Perfumania usually has the cologne for a good price.

Does anybody know if the after shave smell like the soap? I have been wanting to try Tabac for a long time and finally tried it a few months ago and fell in love with it. the performance is top notch as well as the scent for me. It is definitely one of my top soaps as well as my go to soap since I have tried it. Something about it makes me want to use it every time I go to grab a soap to shave.

Anyway, I have heard that the after shave is a bit different and not as good of a scent as the soap.

Does anybody know if the after shave smell like the soap? I have been wanting to try Tabac for a long time and finally tried it a few months ago and fell in love with it. the performance is top notch as well as the scent for me. It is definitely one of my top soaps as well as my go to soap since I have tried it. Something about it makes me want to use it every time I go to grab a soap to shave.

Anyway, I have heard that the after shave is a bit different and not as good of a scent as the soap.

You know, I bought the cologne, and it has the same scent as the soap - but I'm not finding it to be especially lasting through the day, which is disappointing. o_Oo_O

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

To me, the aftershave smells more masculine than the soap, and literally 3 drops in the hand spread over the face will have you smelling great for the entire day. No joke the aftershave has incredible staying power.

Top Bottom