What's new

Tabac refill puck $6.99 shipped

Thanks for posting! Been wanting to try it but given the scent polarity have been nervous to buy at normal price. Just ordered one, thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

Awesome deal ! Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My puck of Tabac came yesterday, and I had my first shave with it today. The soap was easy to lather, and the performance was really good. It was quite slick. I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with this assessment. Most reviews on Tabac praise its performance. It's the scent that's polarizing.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with the scent. The way many people talk about it, I expected to either find it repulsive or outstanding. To me it was pretty average. It smells a lot like floral soap. In fact, there's something about it that reminds me of TOBS Sandalwood. Not that the scent is the same, but they seem to be in similar categories, soapy and floral, with Tabac adding a bit more spice. Both perform quite well with mediocre scents.

Without giving her any preconceived bias, I asked my teen-aged daughter what she thought. Her answer was that it smells like grandma and grandpa's house. When asked in what way, she said that it smells like their soap. She then smelled my TOBS and said that it wasn't exactly the same, but pretty similar.

Maybe Tabac isn't so polarizing after all. At least in my household, it fostered consensus between an old guy and his teen-aged daughter!

Mine arrived yesterday as well, so I had an opportunity to use it for tonight's shave. I have used Proraso pretty much exclusively over the last several years, so I never really knew what it meant to have a "slick" soap. In fact, I never knew soaps could be slick until I read about it in this forum (thank you, one of many things I've learned here).

Over the last couple of weeks I have been using a soap sampler from PAA, and although I like the soaps samples, they aren't slick.

Tabac is slick. I don't know how Tabac matches up against other slick soaps, but it is the slickest soap I've used. I now know that I really like and prefer a slick soap, so much so that Tabac will replace Proraso as my daily soap.

The scent is fine. Smells like bar shower soap and that is okay for me. No big deal.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Mine arrived yesterday. I put it in a Everything Mary stacking container, fits perfectly.
594b6f6b-d215-420c-9594-4d006ab3a19e_1.6e4d44d9181b807cd3e95b3dae8ddfc0.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20181201_204454.jpg
    IMG_20181201_204454.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Top Bottom