What's new

Tabac PIF!

I tried Tabac and I was not chosen. The scent got the better of me. I tried to resist, but after a few days of occasional whiffs emanating from underneath my bathroom sink (where I was trying to tame the beast by letting it air out), I raise the white flag šŸ³.

It occurred to me that it isn't right, in trying to eliminate the scent of the soap, to leave it in the open, alone and by itself. No! This great soap deserves a home where all of it's qualities are loved, including it's wretched (imo) scent!

This PIF is for anyone who hasn't tried Tabac yet but wants to. All that I ask is that if you win the PIF and fall short of its glory, that you create a new PIF to offer it up to others who have yet to experience it's amazing performance, scent be damned.

Be forewarned though! If you do not rise to the occasion and conquer the horrendous stink of Tabac, you will be left forever searching for a soap that equals it's performance, while smelling at least a little better than -4 (that's negative 4!) on a scale of 1-10. Think about that.

If you're willing to potentially be cursed looking for an equally performing soap for the rest of your shaving days, while avoiding the malodorous scent of Tabac, then step right up and sign up for this PIF! Good luck to those brave enough to attempt this adventure.

(Part of me hopes this container of Tabac gets passed around to 100+ B&Bers)

IMG_20210224_233913.jpg
Ā 
Very generous of you to pass on your misfortune and I mean that in the best possible interpretation. Everyone should try Tabac even if one ends up on the other side of the scent fence. Your discussion above aptly illustrates why. So despite the fail you learned what you needed to know and your expectations of shaving soap are realigned. So it truly wasn't a fail at all.

Tabac user, therefore respectfully out.
Ā 
Very generous of you to pass on your misfortune and I mean that in the best possible interpretation. Everyone should try Tabac even if one ends up on the other side of the scent fence. Your discussion above aptly illustrates why. So despite the fail you learned what you needed to know and your expectations of shaving soap are realigned. So it truly wasn't a fail at all.

Tabac user, therefore respectfully out.

Indeed I did learn something from Tabac. I can't believe it performs so well and no one has managed to improve on it. Truly great stuff. I just wish it came in another scent. I envy those that like it.
Ā 
Good PIF for a great soap, got myself a stick just the other day. Slick and the post shave feel is brilliant.
Respectfully not in.
Ā 
Great PIF, NOT IN, I am with you. I am not a Tabac fan. I am still struggling though a container. Love the feel! HATE the smell. Thankfully Long Rifle Soaps makes great stuff that I use most days. Also their aftershave balms kills the Tabac smell.
Ā 
Respectfully not in, though I understand why you might have that reaction to Tabac. I got a stick of Tabac to try and I was expecting something different than Grandma's parlor, dead carnations, etc. but fortunately I love the performance and can deal with the rest.
Ā 
Great PIF.
Sending the Tabac with the container shows your class, great gesture.

I too love using the Tabac and gambled the purchase of soap with container.

Thankfully, it is the highlight of my humble den.

Good luck with the PIF, respectfully not in.

The winner is in for a treat for sure.
Ā 

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Generous (and humorous) PIF. As a proud, unabashed member of the Tabac Brotherhood, I must respectfully decline to enter. I could suggest that you need to get a new nose, or that youā€™ve failed to appreciate Tabacā€™s greatness; but since youā€™ve done such a generous and noble deed, Iā€™ll simply say ā€˜good on you, mateā€™!
Ā 

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I tried Tabac early on in my wet shaving journey and I too pifed it on .
But of recent I have been wondering if I didn't give it a real chance.
So I know I don't meet the criteria of the piff . Nice pif šŸ‘
Ā 
Nice PIf but Iā€™m not in.

I also didnā€™t like the scent of Tabac at first, but itā€™s grown on me over time. The winner will get a great performing soap.
Ā 
Top Bottom