What's new

Tabac PIF!

Just an aside, but if you don't like the scent of Tabac, then don't try RazoRock Puros. It's pretty much identical. I'm wearing it now and I'm still thinking I need to PIF the soap and the aftershave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just an aside, but if you don't like the scent of Tabac, then don't try RazoRock Puros. It's pretty much identical. I'm wearing it now and I'm still thinking I need to PIF the soap and the aftershave.
Really? I honestly entered this PIF to smell the soap. How close is the soap of "Tabac" to smelling like the aftershave?

And @Borderboss : I assume that the "Puros" smells like it does on purpose? Like an "homage?"

(I love using werds I'm not sure of the meaning!)

Really? I honestly entered this PIF to smell the soap. How close is the soap of "Tabac" to smelling like the aftershave?

And @Borderboss : I assume that the "Puros" smells like it does on purpose? Like an "homage?"

(I love using werds I'm not sure of the meaning!)

I bought the Puros because I wanted to try soaps that supposedly smelled like tobacco (cigar, not pipe). Puros couldn't be farther from it, which I found the case with Tabac as well. They're more like strong black licorice.

The Puros soap and aftershave have the same identical scents. They both smell exactly like the Tabac aftershave. I've never actually smelled the Tabac soap except in the store, but they're pretty similar as well.

I'm sure a lot of folks like it. It's just not my cup of tea.

FarmerTan

I bought the Puros because I wanted to try soaps that supposedly smelled like tobacco (cigar, not pipe). Puros couldn't be farther from it, which I found the case with Tabac as well. They're more like strong black licorice.

The Puros soap and aftershave have the same identical scents. They both smell exactly like the Tabac aftershave. I've never actually smelled the Tabac soap except in the store, but they're pretty similar as well.

I'm sure a lot of folks like it. It's just not my cup of tea.
THANK you for your reply. Lol, you may have saved me some money, AND my marriage!

FarmerTan

So, I FINALLY got around to using this wonderful soap.

I got it quite a bit ago, but before I could use it I ended up in Fla for a week.

Got back and got sick.

Yesterday I couldn't smell! I had my son smell it, for a young persons perspective.

I smelled it upon arrival, and thought......"interesting"..... I can see why it's polarizing. But sorry folks, this stuff doesn't smell ANYWHERE near as good as Arko. Not even close.

My son thought it smelled like a funeral home, seriously!

So today, before I went to get the Large Qtip inserted up my nose by Fredo, I decided to shave. I face lathered. This stuff is really like, the PERFECT soap. Performance was as good as ANY soap I've ever used. But here's the catch:

I could not smell it at all! Coronavirus is real my friends. I feel fine, but folks, be safe. Hopefully I will be back to smelling Arko on my face instead of just my dreams, but until then I will be using this Tabac.

So, I FINALLY got around to using this wonderful soap.

I got it quite a bit ago, but before I could use it I ended up in Fla for a week.

Got back and got sick.

Yesterday I couldn't smell! I had my son smell it, for a young persons perspective.

I smelled it upon arrival, and thought......"interesting"..... I can see why it's polarizing. But sorry folks, this stuff doesn't smell ANYWHERE near as good as Arko. Not even close.

My son thought it smelled like a funeral home, seriously!

So today, before I went to get the Large Qtip inserted up my nose by Fredo, I decided to shave. I face lathered. This stuff is really like, the PERFECT soap. Performance was as good as ANY soap I've ever used. But here's the catch:

I could not smell it at all! Coronavirus is real my friends. I feel fine, but folks, be safe. Hopefully I will be back to smelling Arko on my face instead of just my dreams, but until then I will be using this Tabac.

I hope you recover quickly from the 'rona. In the mean time, enjoy the performance of Tabac without having to smell it :biggrin: . Fwiw, I agree with your son regarding the funeral home aroma. I didn't make that connection on my own but after hearing it, yeah I definitely get it.

FarmerTan

I hope you recover quickly from the 'rona. In the mean time, enjoy the performance of Tabac without having to smell it :biggrin: . Fwiw, I agree with your son regarding the funeral home aroma. I didn't make that connection on my own but after hearing it, yeah I definitely get it.
Thanks for sending it my way. I really am amazed at how it performs. My nose literally smells nothing, which as I just read online is a bad thing. Guess why? What if your home catches on fire?

All I was thinking of was the good things I miss. Chocolate. Avon Tai Winds....it's a bummer.

I did read an interesting article that said that the vast majority of folks that lose their sense of smell/taste usually have milder symptoms, the theory is that those folks have more antibodies.

But the more I have researched this disease the more I realize it is incredibly hard to understand.

Thank you all for your help, in not letting me take this too seriously, in your well wishes, in your prayers.

This place is my refuge, and it's not because of all the PIFs I win. It's because of all of you yahoos!

Thanks for sending it my way. I really am amazed at how it performs. My nose literally smells nothing, which as I just read online is a bad thing. Guess why? What if your home catches on fire?

All I was thinking of was the good things I miss. Chocolate. Avon Tai Winds....it's a bummer.

I did read an interesting article that said that the vast majority of folks that lose their sense of smell/taste usually have milder symptoms, the theory is that those folks have more antibodies.

But the more I have researched this disease the more I realize it is incredibly hard to understand.

Thank you all for your help, in not letting me take this too seriously, in your well wishes, in your prayers.

This place is my refuge, and it's not because of all the PIFs I win. It's because of all of you yahoos!

I lost my sense of taste and smell about four days into having the virus. It came back in about a week. Don't sweat it. It'll pass.

I'm guessing you have smoke detectors in your house, so you don't have to worry about that either.

To me, the smell of Tabac when fresh is very much like putting your nose into an open bottle of full strength Chanel perfume, i.e., overpowering and borderline disgusting. Most of our mothers and grandmothers understood such perfume needed to be used sparingly. Alas, fur coats and other winter coats and scarves, or other garments generally cleaned only once a season, as well as purses, pocketbooks or anything else seldom if ever thoroughly cleaned, could absorb too much of the aroma. Funeral homes are heavily perfumed for obvious reasons. Hence the associations many of you mention. Fortunately, to me the smell of Tabac dissipates after several weeks. Another aroma, discussed in a recent thread, I find nearly as unpleasant if too strong, is sandalwood -- the genuine traditional version that often greets the customer entering an Indian shop. Dialed way back, I think it is nice. Another that isn't quite so bad to my nose but often is vastly too strong in soaps is lavender.

FarmerTan

I lost my sense of taste and smell about four days into having the virus. It came back in about a week. Don't sweat it. It'll pass.

I'm guessing you have smoke detectors in your house, so you don't have to worry about that either.
In going through this thread, wondering where the kind gent that sent me the Tabac has gotten off to, I read this post.

It's funny. I wonder if we had/have the same strain, as I got my smell back in about a week.

And guess what I first could smell? Smoke from the wood stove!

Top Bottom