What's new

Tabac Original aftershave lotion anyone?

I have seen a good amount of accolades for Tabac cologne and cream/soap but I haven't seen anyone mention Tabac Original aftershave lotion yet. Has anyone used this before? What do you think of it? Thanks.

Welcome to B&B. I tried a sample a few years ago. It is not as potent as the cologne but smells nice. If I remember correctly, it had alcohol which stung after a shave. If the cologne is too strong for you, you can use the AS instead.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have seen a good amount of accolades for Tabac cologne and cream/soap but I haven't seen anyone mention Tabac Original aftershave lotion yet. Has anyone used this before? What do you think of it? Thanks.
I use the aftershave as said above it does sting a bit but it has that unmistakable Tabac smell and it lasts quite long for an aftershave

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I enjoy the scent, but SWMBO absolutely HATES it. I only use it when she's out of the house now.
I love the smell of Tabac but the other have isn't found of it which comes in handy when I want a bit of me time. The pashana which is my go to aftershave smells something similar to it to my nose is a beautiful scent also but you have to use just a small drop or it smells like you've been swimming in it and last almost the whole day to.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Was this really a 15 year old post? Wow, that might be a B&B record for necrothread revival! Very fortuitous though, as I broke out my Tabac just the other day. I greatly underestimated the power of the old lady purse fumes when wearing a mask all day at work. Damn near suffocated. But my skin sure felt great! It’s too bad the mask gets in the way of face-trabation.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Was this really a 15 year old post? Wow, that might be a B&B record for necrothread revival! Very fortuitous though, as I broke out my Tabac just the other day. I greatly underestimated the power of the old lady purse fumes when wearing a mask all day at work. Damn near suffocated. But my skin sure felt great! It’s too bad the mask gets in the way of face-trabation.
Tabac is one of those scents you either love or you don't there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I love it but even be cooked up with a mask on all day would be a bit much for me lol.

I love the smell of Tabac but the other have isn't found of it which comes in handy when I want a bit of me time. The pashana which is my go to aftershave smells something similar to it to my nose is a beautiful scent also but you have to use just a small drop or it smells like you've been swimming in it and last almost the whole day to.

I do love the tabac scent, but can you just clear this up for me as I've been eyeing Pashana for years but am not sure of the scent

Tabac label the splash as a lotion and the balm as balsam.
I have both and can say the scent is the same as the soap and has good longevity

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I do love the tabac scent, but can you just clear this up for me as I've been eyeing Pashana for years but am not sure of the scent
I'm afraid its just like tabac you either love it or hate it it smells completely different from when you first put it on and very quickly so. It settles to a bit of a powdery smell but not in a bad way, its a really strong aftershave shave and you only need a small drop to last you most of the day. I read all the reviews on Amazon and with it being so cheap I decided to pull the trigger and get some. I wasn't disappointed I think its really nice the wife loves it and I've even caught my 20 year old son using it when he calls round. But its like I said its just like Tabac there seems to be no middle ground you either love it or hate it. I personally love it I wear it almost every day thats if I'm not wearing my TooBS luxury sandalwood shaving gel

A little more patchouli maybe in the Pashana. You won’t smell like a hippie, but it is a powerful aftershave. You can definitely use more than a drop, but you won’t need an edt that day.... it’s one of my favorite aftershaves. The English equivalent of clubman I hear.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
A little more patchouli maybe in the Pashana. You won’t smell like a hippie, but it is a powerful aftershave. You can definitely use more than a drop, but you won’t need an edt that day.... it’s one of my favorite aftershaves. The English equivalent of clubman I hear.
I've only been wet shaving for 3 months so trying to pick out new smells is very hard for me. Before that it was a bottle of CK1 Shock and away ya go. Nice to know if been running around smelling like a 56 year old hippie :adoration:. Hold on my son's been running about smelling like a 20 year old hippie, wait till I tell him he's gonna be so happy 😊 😄

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Oh and what scent in the clubman should I try ?

The English equivalent of clubman I hear.
Not really, as Tabac is German, produced by Maurer & Wirtz (same company that makes 4711).

That said, Tabac smells nothing like Pinaud Clubman, although it has that unmistakable powdery note, just like the Clubman.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Not really, as Tabac is German, produced by Maurer & Wirtz (same company that makes 4711).

That said, Tabac smells nothing like Pinaud Clubman, although it has that unmistakable powdery note, just like the Clubman.
Does all the clubman have the powdery note or just certain one's and could you recommend some please. I've read in reviews that the scent dies very quickly.

Top Bottom