What's new

Tabac On the Way... First Time User

Well I've gone and done it. Ordered some Tabac for the first time. I'm almost certain I'll like the performance but I'm concerned about the scent. I figured I need to try it at least once though given its reputation. It seems like one of those classics that has to be tried kind of like Proraso.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well I've gone and done it. Ordered some Tabac for the first time. I'm almost certain I'll like the performance but I'm concerned about the scent. I figured I need to try it at least once though given its reputation. It seems like one of those classics that has to be tried kind of like Proraso.
Please let us know how you like it! I've never tried it either, so good luck my friend.

You're in for a treat, great purchase.

Tabac is a great great soap, face lather it and you'll enjoy the process even more.
Let it become pasty, then add more water, repeat it a few times and you'll get a great face feel with a great lather to shave with.

Boar or synthetic, it works great with both.
It's my absolute favourite soap, (Arko us my favourite stick).

As for scent, I fell in love with it, no old ladies smell for me.

It was cured tobacco scent, some spices, some cooling effect on face and some powder/ talc as well.
Enjoy your shaves, it's a classic soap for a reason.

Sometimes I wanted I had never tried Tabac before. Just to enjoy that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to discover it for the first time. (I've been using Tabac deo and AS on and of for some 40 years now, recently adding the shaving soap to it)
Enjoy and let us know!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Tabac is the best soap I have ever tried. It is inexpensive even in the glass jar, it lathers easily and performs wonderfully, it lasts for ever, and the smell is divine. I enjoy all Tabac products, deodorant, shower gel etc. except the EDT which is far inferior to the EDC or aftershave in my opinion. Do let us know what you think of the soap. 👍

Tabac is one of the best. Load lightly my friend, this is not your garden variety soap that requires lots of loading. Once you have some bubbles on your brush, you should be good to go. I mention this because if you overload Tabac it gets pasty and sticky. I did that in the early days and didn’t get all the hype. Load lightly, and enjoy!

Top Bottom