What's new

Tabac milk glass bowl

What are the dimensions of the Tabac bowl - internal width, height? Does the normal Tabac replacement puck fit tightly inside it, or,is there space between the outer puck and inner bowl sides? Thanks

What are the dimensions of the Tabac bowl - internal width, height? Does the normal Tabac replacement puck fit tightly inside it, or,is there space between the outer puck and inner bowl sides? Thanks

With a new puck of Tabac, there is little space, much less than in the case of the MWF puck and its clearly oversized bowl, but like MWF the space around the puck will grow over time as the puck is being used and also starts to dry out a bit and shrink.

947CDABD-6939-4156-9300-A86AFA572E5C.jpeg

4EDF57FB-3CE7-4CCA-B05D-47045710BF2E.jpeg

(Above puck has been in occasional use for about three years.)

This is more an issue for people like me, who have too many shaving soaps and creams as it is and use Tabac only every other week or so. :wink2:

At least Tabac soap will not start developing cracks like my pucks of MWF did.
It seems MWF wants to be used all the time while Tabac is much more forgiving in that respect.

B.

That space between the outer puck and inner bowl sides made me choose a stainless container slightly larger than the puck (it is an ECOdipper). It allows me to use the soap uniformly, without forming the well-known doughnut.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
What are the dimensions of the Tabac bowl - internal width, height?
Inside diameter at the top is about 3 inches and tapers slightly, deepest part (sides) about 2 inches and has a quarter inch bump in the center. Puck fits nicely once it's pressed down.

Measured this morning after the shave:

Inside Diameter: 79 mm
Inside Depth: 50 mm

In non-SI terms:
Inside Diameter: 3 7/64 in
Inside Depth: 1 31/32 in

Hope this helps…

B

Top Bottom