What's new

Tabac: howzit smell?

I'm asking to the shaving poet in you (you know, the one that loves rose soaps and nancy boy cream :tongue1: ) to describe

that (supposedly) manly smell. I don't own any Tabac products, but I plan to remedy that situation based on the consensus over the shaving quality of their soaps. The only :confused1 part is the smell. Any lyrical helpers? :a37:

Noc. :biggrin:

It smells like my dad, which is both really nice and the reason I don't use it. My mom used to buy the aftershave for my dad whenever she went to Toronto, because they didn't sell it near us in NY.

It has a nice spicy smell, similar to old spice in some regards but classier.

Sandalwood and Lavender
Carnation and Oakmoss
Geranium and ambergris, and Pepper and Citrus
A teeny bit floral, I hint a whiff of tobacco in there
Alongside with the clean powder and Vetiver
Not for little boys! This is for men, you see
This German concoction is all you'll ever need!

Whatever :001_tongu

-Allen

Edit: Notes are courtesy of basenotes.com, which thankfully is back up again!

Here's the link to the Basenotes review:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121551.html

The reviews will give you a good sense of reactions - also there's a great review in the aftershave section:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=T&t=3571

I use the Tabac AS in the fall and winter - I find it a little heavy for the summer.

Its definitely a top notch product with an old-school scent - in fact, the woman in the store I bought mine in while in Belgium commented that its generally used by "older" men. In that sense, its very much a comfort-type scent in the same way that Old Spice or Aqua Velva is.

I can't describe it myself but it is absolutely fantastic. Today was my first experience with the soap and I truely love it. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it gives a fantastic lather. I should've tried it a long time ago.:redface:

Like flannel and corduroy on a fall day with mulled wine with cinnamon, spice and everything nice.

I really love the tabac smell. It does have the old man factor...but in a good way. It reminds me of leather/cigar or pipe smoke/ perhaps some floral in there. It reminds me of a study the morning after a nice smoke...exactly.

I really love the tabac smell. It does have the old man factor...but in a good way. It reminds me of leather/cigar or pipe smoke/ perhaps some floral in there. It reminds me of a study the morning after a nice smoke...exactly.

Wow, Michael, nice description! I'm actually down at the local cigar lounge right now sitting in a big brown leather chair and enjoying a nice cigar while perusing B&B, but I can't make the connection...I want your sense/perception of smell! I'd be a Tabac maniac if that were the chase. :biggrin:

I like the scent, but I do think there's a real take it or leave it factor with Tabac, and many who don't care for it REALLY don't care for it. The good thing is its relatively inexpensive to try, and the soaps smell very much like the EDT.

Top Bottom