What's new

tabac first use

finally got around to using the tabac shaving soap in the bowl........all i can say is meh! lol

got a weak scent and just not good if im being honest,
i remember someone saying that the soap performs better then the shaving cream but honestly this felt exactly the same to me

ive still to try out the tabac shaving stick

i think the more soaps i use the more i appreciate arko, the slickness, the scent (i like it, dont hate! lol)
and also the price, i mean to me its way ahead of tabac in every department.....of course YMMV

p.s i have the tabac with tallow

think i was most disappointed with the scent as i heard loads of youtubers rave on about it and i know i dont have the most sensitive nose but that was poor, really poor to me anyways YMMV

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
My st00pid question: Are you using the older, tallow-based version that smells like the purse of platinum-blonde seductresses or the nerfed-down modern recipe using squeezings from palm oil trees?

Whichever, I’m sorry it’s not comparing to ARKO! soap.

First use? Then I'll give you a pass. But if you aren't getting stellar lathers and shaves with Tabac, you are doing something wrong. What that might be, I don't know. Tabac is about the most forgiving soap there is.
I will give it more goes but the slickness and scent weren't great

Will try loading it more next time and see how it goes

Still got to go through the soap and refill I got so hope it improves lool 😂

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You'll be able to trade that stuff for a good smelling soap like Arko!

Shoot, I will take that defective stuff off yer hands for 3 sticks of Arko if you pay the shipping both ways AND pay me a little something for the environmental handling fees.....

Last edited:
It is the easiest soap to lather I have ever used. Arko is a close second. I wonder if the puck needs some hydration. Give it a chance. As for the scent, it is very mild but certainly not offensive.
I didn't dislike the scent was just a bit odd and very weak too

I will try to load I more and apply more water and work it more maybe?

Shoot, I will take that defective stuff off yer hands for 3 sticks of Arko if you pay the shipping both ways AND pay me a little something for the environmental handling fees.....
At this rate I'd feel guilty charging anyone for this stuff lool 😂😜

If a tossing a stick of Arko under your shed hasn't gotten rid of the groundhog living there, Tabac ain't going to do it. Arko didn't work for my groundhog.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
So Tabac was…meh? Yes, it happens. I like it myself, but just the other day I felt it wasn’t up to my expectations, a little thin. I figure I just messed up loading, or the brush, or too little or too much water etc. I think the soap is pretty good, so maybe I was just having an off day. Regardless, we either like it or we don’t. I’ll have to give it another go this week…to restore my faith.

What's that stand for? Not heard of it mate lol

You Use one razor, blade, soap and brush for all shaves in March to dial them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: saj
I’ve only used Tabac (tallow) a few times but I really love the post shave feel that it gives me. I don’t love or hate the scent but I think it will grow on me over time. Load it like you hate it and use plenty of water. Maybe a committed trial like FFFMM will help to dial it in and really figure it out.

Or maybe it’s just not your jam, and that’s okay too! As they say, YMMV.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve only used Tabac (tallow) a few times but I really love the post shave feel that it gives me. I don’t love or hate the scent but I think it will grow on me over time. Load it like you hate it and use plenty of water. Maybe a committed trial like FFFMM will help to dial it in and really figure it out.

Or maybe it’s just not your jam, and that’s okay too! As they say, YMMV.
I love it one time, hate it the next.... But I agree: I have never had a soap give a better post shave face feel. Amazing stuff. But I am not ever going to waste product or time lathering it anywhere but on my incredibly handsome face. True story doggone!

Top Bottom