What's new

Tabac EDC....holy CRAP!

I know there have been a few Tabac threads of late, but I had to start a new one to say how much I love this stuff. The huge-*** bottle of EDC came today and it smells nothing like I expected (feared?). An unexpectedly citrusy top, soft floral middle, somewhat sweet, with a dash of powder, spice, musk and woods rounding it out. Maybe my nose/skin do weird things to it, but it smells much less flowery than the soap. Spicier and cleaner. I really like it. And in the right amounts, it smells timeless and classic, NOT "old man" or "old lady" (which was my original opinion of the soap).

The only thing that gives me pause is that it kind of goes "stale" until sweat or a drop of water "activates" it again, after which the scent unfurls all its masculine complexity. I guess that's a good thing but I kinda wish it would act like a normal fragrance and unfurl in stages.

But anyway, no matter. This stuff has blown me away. I was expecting something like the soap and got something refreshingly different (even though most people say it's pretty close to the soap). I can definitely see how it could be seen as old fashioned in Europe (or cloying if you put a lot on), but I have to say that my name is Kevan, I'm 24 years old, and I'm now a Tabacoholic. :lol:

Love it too, it's just a great scent and it does not cost you a leg and a arm like some other fragances.

Hallelujah! Another soul has been saved! Praise the Tabacernacle!

proxy.php

Gentlemen,

Stamp my name on the Tabac fan list, too. This aftershave has a fresh, clean and soapy fragrance. The feel and scent of it lulls me into a state of comfort and contentment. Go figure.

Since I have the big bottle — the big jug, as I like to refer to it — I have to transfer some in a small bottle for travel. No big deal, though. This is good stuff.

Obelit

It's been several hours now and I can still get wafts of this stuff from time to time (and I only applied a little). The citrus-floral notes have evaporated and there's just a pleasant hint of powdery, spicy musk lingering on my skin.

It's this that blows me away: the drydown is exquisite. Throughout the development of the fragrance there are hints of synthetic 60's/70's cheesiness, but it's so well-blended that it never comes to the fore. Then the drydown kicks in and there's no doubt that this is timeless. For a fragrance with such a complex tree of notes, it boils down to a soft musk that's so simple but oh-so-masculine. This is not at ALL what I expected. When I originally got the soap, I hated the scent from the word go; the EDC lacks the strong floral component and is much more pleasing to my nose. This isn't Grandma's make-up bag in the least (but could be if over-applied), and very much appeals to me despite my young age.

The closest thing to it that we have in the US is Aqua Velva Musk. But Tabac is like an upscale version with more character. It's very unique for this market.

There's no tobacco in the notes but several reviews online mention that this is a tobacco scent. Could anyone elaborate?

My wife has tagged the Tabac EDC as smelling like Aqua-Net hairspray, Ivory Soap on testosterone or fabric softener sheets.

Every time I hear her try to describe the scent by comparing it to some pedestrian household product, I offer to stop wearing it.

"Oh, no, I really like it!" is the reply. :lol:

Tabac EDC is funny stuff - it starts off like a microwave cheeseburger and orange Slurpie you get at 7-11, and somehow ends up like a steak sandwich with a cold beer.

+1 on the hairspray smell from wifey. My experience has been wonderful, wearing it right now. Sadly tho, I work in an air conditioned place so the scent dies down after a bit. But the minute I step out into the sun, wow....nice. I just found out a few hours ago that there's only 1 bottle left in KL and my Godfather is heading towards it! :mad3:

V

VR6ofpain

I love how great the scent is, how good the staying power is, how cool the bottle looks, and how much you get for the price. Amazing product. The German's really hit it out of the park with the Tabac shave soap and EDC.

Anyone have a recommendation for a reliable place to buy Tabac EDC at a good price?
I just received what I was hoping was going to be the EDC from the bay, only to discover that it was EDT - from a listing specifically stating Tabac Cologne EDC in the 3.4oz splash bottle, which is what I am looking for.

The guy had 6,136 sales with a 99.4% positive rating, go figure.

Thanks for any recommendations.

bah.. the stoopid saleslady managed to snooker me into buying the more expensive edt with atomizer instead of the cheaper edc with atomizer. Is there a difference between the 2?

bah.. the stoopid saleslady managed to snooker me into buying the more expensive edt with atomizer instead of the cheaper edc with atomizer. Is there a difference between the 2?

They will say the edt is stronger than edc and therefore a better value. In theory this might be true, in practice they are 2 entirely different scents. If one is looking for a scent that is closer to the soap (which I was) buy the Eau de Cologne (EDC) that is the classic Tabac most of us know and love.

They will say the edt is stronger than edc and therefore a better value. In theory this might be true, in practice they are 2 entirely different scents. If one is looking for a scent that is closer to the soap (which I was) buy the Eau de Cologne (EDC) that is the classic Tabac most of us know and love.

Shouldn't the same perfume have the same characteristics regardless of concentration (think this is true for the other perfume brands.) Was hoping for the classic tabac scent but the EDT smells way too floral when compared the soap:eek: I fear.. I made a rash purchasing decision.:confused:

Shouldn't the same perfume have the same characteristics regardless of concentration (think this is true for the other perfume brands.) Was hoping for the classic tabac scent but the EDT smells way too floral when compared the soap:eek: I fear.. I made a rash purchasing decision.:confused:
Others will disagree, but I think the soap smells way more floral than the EDC.

It's been a few weeks and I'm still in love with it. It's wonderful.

Anyone have a recommendation for a reliable place to buy Tabac EDC at a good price?
I just received what I was hoping was going to be the EDC from the bay, only to discover that it was EDT - from a listing specifically stating Tabac Cologne EDC in the 3.4oz splash bottle, which is what I am looking for.

The guy had 6,136 sales with a 99.4% positive rating, go figure.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Perfume Network has the best prices.

Top Bottom