What's new

Tabac Cologne Review Discussion Thread....

I was given some Tabac for Christmas and love it. If I could describe it quickly, manly...leather, cigar and pipe smoke, well bound books...some spice, perhaps bay rum? Awesome stuff.

I used Tabac cologne for the first time last week. The wife said "what's that stink.... It's not another one of your weird shaving soaps is it?" (yea she didn't say "smell" she said... stink).

I guess I won't tell her that I bought 2 bottles of EDC and 2 bottles of AS :sad:

Yikes..... what now :confused1

I like it but I am afraid to use it again :scared:

$P1010331.JPG

Last edited:
put it up on the b/s/t, shouldn't last too long

Problem with that is I will have to pack and ship and it is hard to get something past SWMBO.....

I was hoping to get a different reaction (grab hug, MMmmmm nice scent....)

I've used the AS a few times and no reaction from her... It was the EDC that stopped her in her tracks and I was still 6 feet away when she said something...

Totally flabbergasted. I may wait a week and try it again. If she still freaks, I will have to sell the unopened large bottle of EDC.

IIRC, the EdC has a totally different scent then the AS. I've not tried any of the Tabac line, but I do remember a thread recently that said they're all a bit different

You might want to wait a few weeks and try it again. If your SWMBO is anything like Mrs. daccpa, then her sniffer changes hourly. I am a fragrance fanatic myself and a month or so ago sprayed on Mugler Pure Havane, wifey sniffed and said "Mmmmm, what is that? It smells really good". The next day was her birthday and I wore it again for the special event, her reply "What is that your wearing, it smells like Old Man Pee and Patchouli".

I have officially given up on trying to find one that she likes. I just wear the ones I like and Tabac EDC is one of them.

Problem with that is I will have to pack and ship and it is hard to get something past SWMBO.....

I was hoping to get a different reaction (grab hug, MMmmmm nice scent....)

I've used the AS a few times and no reaction from her... It was the EDC that stopped her in her tracks and I was still 6 feet away when she said something...

Totally flabbergasted. I may wait a week and try it again. If she still freaks, I will have to sell the unopened large bottle of EDC.

.....I wore it again for the special event, her reply "What is that your wearing, it smells like Old Man Pee and Patchouli".

I think I've smelled that one, I just didn't know it's name. :laugh:

I agree, the Tabac EdT spray smells very different from the rest of the Tabac line of products. To me, the aftershave and the eau de cologne splash smell very similar to the shaving soap and cream. And the aftershave is very long lasting, longer than many other EdTs, and works well as a fragrance for the day. I also found that if I over apply, Mrs. Jakespoppy has a strong negative reaction to it, whereas otherwise its okay with her. Not great, but okay.

Well, after some thought and a few samples I just pulled the trigger on Tabac shaving soap (in jar), aftershave/splash and colonge, along with some other goodies from WCS.

After all it's x-mass time.

I got a bottle of Tabac AS this month. Wish I had also ordered the cologne. I think the AS is my wife's favorite.

Don't get the EdT.... Get the EdC if you are going to get one.

I agree. I've had a sample of both and the EdC was the real one for me. The EdT was a little too sweet for me. Also, respected others on here have agreed that the EdC is similar to the soap and AS, where the EdT - not so much.

10 years after this thread started and Tabac still smells great. With the size of the bottle, the OP is probably going to need to get another bottle pretty soon.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There was a time when I thought Tabac smelled like bong water ... But love the EdC today. When it's dryed down its amazing. Don't judge it by first splash but 20 minutes later.

AA

Top Bottom