What's new

Tabac Classic

Go for it! It's a great product, love the smell (some hate it though!). Check out the review here. I picked up a 300 ml bottle the other day (as I had run out of my little 50 ml bottle).

I love the Tabac. It smells good and is going fine with my skin.
It makes the soul of my father seem passing through the bathroom.

Not to be an "anti" but my wife hated it. In fact, I used it as punishment when she didn't do something that I wanted, or she was being unusually mean :devil:

I even set up little tabac bombs for her (wash cloth soaked in it hidden near where I knew she would hang out)... I got some terrific responses to that :lol:

I know this gets praised all the time, but I just have to say this stuff is the best smelling "clean, fresh" A/S I've ever used. This and Old Spice, and that's all. This and Old Spice and Royall Spyce, and that's all. This and Old Spice and Royall Spyce and .................

:cool:

Bit of a thread resurrect.

What does the Tabac AS smell like, and is the EDC different?

I don't mind the smell of the shave soap at all, to me, it just smells of very fresh leather and...soap. But if the AS smells just the same, I don't know if it would work as an AS.

I realise such a question will prompt subjective answers, as there are blokes here on the AS forum that love 'classics' like Blue Stratos and Brut, and sorry guys, but I can't think of anything less cheap or nasty.

I did get some Old Spice new 'original' deodrant the other day, which really works great, it's fresh smelling, and lingers very subtly all day. But I tried out the AS briefly, and it was foul; overly musky, cloying, and as cheap smelling as its price.

Essentially, that's what I'm concerned about with Tabac, as there's nowhere for me to give it a whiff first.

After seeing that this is so popular on here i bought a bottle the other week and it does smell nice though as yet not actually used it.

What does the Tabac AS smell like, and is the EDC different?

The AS smells like the soap, only more powdery, a bit more floral, and not as sharp. It is fairly effective, but not up to the likes of other splashes such as Musgo Real and Proraso. The EdC is scented very close to the soap and quite strong and long lasting on my self. There is also an EdT that is different than the soap/EdC. It is not as well regarded around here.

Edit: I had the EdC & EdT backwards and edited the post to correct.

Last edited:
The AS smells like the soap, only more powdery, a bit more floral, and not as sharp. It is fairly effective, but not up to the likes of other splashes such as Musgo Real and Proraso. The EdT is scented very close to the soap and quite strong and long lasting on my self. There is also an EdC that is different than the soap/EdT. It is not as well regarded around here.

I thought it was the other way around, with the EdC being preferred to the EdT, which supposedly smelled more floral.

I'm not sure though. I have the EdC and love it, but never smelled the EdT.

I guess you're vouching for the EdT--I must try it one of these days

I thought it was the other way around, with the EdC being preferred to the EdT, which supposedly smelled more floral.

I'm not sure though. I have the EdC and love it, but never smelled the EdT.

I guess you're vouching for the EdT--I must try it one of these days

Thanks. I had the EdC and EdT mixed up and edited my post to correct.

My nose ain't that sensitive. All three, soap, AS and cologne, smell about the same to me. And I love 'em all. :biggrin:

Not to be an "anti" but my wife hated it. In fact, I used it as punishment when she didn't do something that I wanted, or she was being unusually mean :devil:

I even set up little tabac bombs for her (wash cloth soaked in it hidden near where I knew she would hang out)... I got some terrific responses to that :lol:

Ah ... and that is why you have dogfood for dinner :ohmy:

To my nose the AS doesn't smell very close to the soap, there are similarities no doubt, but it smells....different. I think Alt Innsbruck is closer in scent to the soap than is the Tabac ASL, but that's just me

Top Bottom