What's new

Tabac bowl, previous design?

I was browsing some Tabac old advertisements, and in one from the 60´s it has another bowl design...

3455314.jpg
dfsfds.jpg

The text says "Tabac Original shaving cream, stick or bowl" so it is certain that it was a shaving soap bowl... Anyone has more info on this design?

Cheers

That's an advert from the U.K. The brand had a much wider line back then. Deodorant, talc, pre-shave...you can see the toilet soap in the background. The bowl looks to be wooden. Perhaps not many survived. The brand may also not have had much distribution beyond Europe at that time.

That's an advert from the U.K. The brand had a much wider line back then. Deodorant, talc, pre-shave...you can see the toilet soap in the background. The bowl looks to be wooden. Perhaps not many survived. The brand may also not have had much distribution beyond Europe at that time.
Yes it is, to me the bowl looks ceramic, and I infer that they followed the same way as Old Spice did with their shaving mugs, first ones were ceramic then they moved to milk glass that is cheaper to produce in high volumes... Perhaps the pottery bowl was just a prototype for marketing and they never sold one... Hopefully someone with more info will enlighthen us...

Cheers

Top Bottom