What's new

T-Shirt or Tank Top?

What kind of guy are you: tank top or t-shirt?

• T-Shirt

• Tank Top

• Neither!

• 3 wolves and a moon "T" for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
plain tank tops are (often) thicker material and usually not rib knit; they are intended to be worn alone with nothing under or over them.

wifebeaters aka A-shirts aka vests/singlets (in UK) are thinner material, usually rib knit and intended to be worn with a proper shirt over them (however, "urban" fashion wears them with no over shirt).

Gotcha. So what I see in the gym are tank tops (my gym, anyway) and what I see on the street are wife-beaters. (FWIIW, doesn't a proper wife beater have food stains down the front?)

T's, usually with something like this on it:

+1

'cept more like

proxy.php

:biggrin:

I wear t-shirts most of the time. Wife-beaters under my dress clothes and tank tops when working around the house, sometimes. I honestly wear linen button-up with a wife beater on hot days when I go out most of the time.

WP, GM, Phish, Umphrey's, etc., all count in the "something like" category, for certain (and I mean that in the best possible way)!

Taken exactly so--I'd add in a dash of moe., a jigger of Galactic, and a hearty handful of the Allman Brothers (with Warren and Derek, preferably) for good measure! :biggrin:

I wear t-shirts most of the time. Wife-beaters under my dress clothes and tank tops when working around the house, sometimes. I honestly wear linen button-up with a wife beater on hot days when I go out most of the time.

I could never figure that one out -- I feel hotter when I wear a wife beater under my dress shirt. But other guys in my office swear by them.

(I'd write YMMV, but I'm afraid I'll be attacked by that ninja penguin and his minions.)

:smile:

I could never figure that one out -- I feel hotter when I wear a wife beater under my dress shirt. But other guys in my office swear by them.

(I'd write YMMV, but I'm afraid I'll be attacked by that ninja penguin and his minions.)

:smile:

For the record, I have no problem with "YMMV" and heartily allow and encourage it's use. However, burnWood isn't so tolerant.

As to the wifebeater thing... I hate dressing in layers... outer shirt and that's it for me... but, when it's really hot or really cold, it's a wifebeater underneath for me. I don't know the physics, but something about the layering helps keep you extra warm when it's cold and provides extra evaporation when its that hot out. Of course, YMMV.

I voted T-shirt as that is what I wear the majority of the time in the summer. I do run in sleeveless shirts and tank tops often in the summer though. I rarely wear a sleeveless or tank as part of my casual dress.

Circumstances dictate.

Sleeveless T's for me...

Surprise, surprise :lol::lol:

I wear A-shirts(wifebeaters) to the gym, but usually not while I'm out and about. I can't hide my sidearm with a 'beater, even if I wanted to run around in it. There are other ways to showcase the gunnery. I also can't stand dressing in layers, unless it is very cold. I'll start sweating like a slave, just sitting around.

on hot summer days I wear tank tops. where in the heck did the term 'wife beaters", come from regarding to sleeve less tees? :confused:

on hot summer days I wear tank tops. where in the heck did the term 'wife beaters", come from regarding to sleeve less tees? :confused:

It's not just sleeveless tees; specifically it refers to the ribbed cotton tanks, called A-shirts.
I believe it originated from "COPS." Whatever dirtbag they were arresting for beating his wife usually had on a yellowed, raggedy A-shirt.

mainly wear T-shirt's or button down's with the sleeves rolled up almost never wear short for some reason long sleeves bother me and shorts bug me too...no idea

It's not just sleeveless tees; specifically it refers to the ribbed cotton tanks, called A-shirts.
I believe it originated from "COPS." Whatever dirtbag they were arresting for beating his wife usually had on a yellowed, raggedy A-shirt.

That or just about any news broadcast that shows an arrest. You are about 90% sure to see a nasty scummed up stained beater on the dude being arrested.

Top Bottom