What's new

T-Rexes (Rex Club)

Another phenomenal rex ambassador shave
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Just finished my first shave with a new (to me) Ambassador from N2. This is by far the highest quality razor I have used so far, and I honestly believe I have purchased my last razor. I have a Gillette Slim (love the great comfort) and a Merkur Progress (love the efficiency, but it can bite me at the higher settings). The Ambassador provides the efficiency of the Progress with the comfort of the Slim. The weight, the knurled handle, the build quality, . . . I can't add to what has already been said. Just wanted to add my $.02 as I have joined the club.

Just finished my first shave with a new (to me) Ambassador from N2. This is by far the highest quality razor I have used so far, and I honestly believe I have purchased my last razor. I have a Gillette Slim (love the great comfort) and a Merkur Progress (love the efficiency, but it can bite me at the higher settings). The Ambassador provides the efficiency of the Progress with the comfort of the Slim. The weight, the knurled handle, the build quality, . . . I can't add to what has already been said. Just wanted to add my $.02 as I have joined the club.
Welcome! Glad you enjoy it :)

- Fayiz D.

Reactions: ewk
The details:
Astra SS blade, Stirling Baker St soap, Lidl Defiance AS
Face shave: started at 3 for pass 1. Left some stubble, so increased to 4 for passes WTG and XTG. Used setting 2 for neck and chin ATG, 4.5 for cheeks. Touch ups at 2. Awesome BBS result.
Head shave: WTG and XTG at level 6 where hair grows thickest; level 2 on the top of the solar panel. Very little touch up needed. Great comfort level, even at 6. Very efficient BBS.

Absolutely fantastic head shave 10/10

Head shave
PAA Ice cube
PAA hotel cecil soap
PAA doppelganger gold label AS

Rex ambassador
Willys blade (1st)
Captains choice copper bowl
PAA aerolite phantom brush

It's surprising that the willys blade works flawlessly in the Rex ambassador. It is very smooth and efficient for me. I used setting 3 for all 3 passes and 1.5 for buffing on the two sides of my head since those are my trouble areas.
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20201130_082757.jpg

The Rex is a work of art.
_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1624299897510.jpg

Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Additional Care:

Awesome shave
-Rex ambassador (setting 6 for all 3 passes)
-Vintage Polsilver blade (first use)
-Grizzly bay brush
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Ice cube
-Catie's Bubbles Blugere soap and splash

This blade and razor combo was the first time for me. It was amazingly smooth. Ive tried the newer polsilvers without any good shaves. This was very comfortable and very smooth. Very minimal alum feedback, which is impressive considering i used the Rex opened up on all 3 passes.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Been looking forward to this shave!
Rex ambassador (setting 6 on all 3 passes)
Vintage Polsilver (5th use)
Razor Emporium Badger brush
Captains choice copper bowl

PAA Ice cube
Razor Emporium Old school soap
Razor emporium old school splash

This was an excellent shave using some new things. I'll start by saying those folks at Razor Emporium knocked this stuff out of the park.

The soap and splash were perfect. The scent was solid and a great leather scent but also clean. Scent strength is about a 5 or 6/10. The lather was very easy to make and the quality is up there with any popular artisan.
This soap and splash left my face feeling soft and clean.

The brush was also new. Very nice handle. The badger I believe is a best badger. Very minimal scritch (I dont like scritch). I thought I wasn't going to like it when I felt a tiny amount of scritch but each time I lathered it I loved this brush more and more. It lathered soap very easily and has a great flow through, and doesn't eat your lather. It is also still very comfy to face lather with.

I had zero feedback from alum block and zero burn from the alcohol in the splash. Just a nice, comfy, BBS.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Another great Tuesday shave!

Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Additional Care:

20210726_082709.jpg

Very nice shave today with a new soap from an artisan I've never used. The soap performed very well and smelled amazing, as did the splash. Nice amount of menthol, too. The razor and blade worked very well together. Resulted in a perfectly BBS face with some stinging from the alum block.

-Rex ambassador (setting 6, 6, 3, and 1 for pick ups)
-Vintage Polsilver (1st)
-Capt choice copper bowl
-Grizzly bay badger

-PAA ice cube
-Master soap creations Peppermint latte soap and splash
-PAA Mentholated mysterium serum
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I'm spending 28 days away from home and brought the Rex Ambassador with me. First week is gone and it delivered 7 amazing, comfortable and close shaves paired with a Gillette Nacet. I don't need to go beyond 2.0-2.5 setting. Even at 1.5, the Rex delivers a BBS in 2 passes. I can't believe how efficient it is, and at these lower settings there is almost no chatter and the blade exposure is quite small, so the comfort level is at the top.

I am in for a treat this Summer!

Top Bottom