What's new

T-Rexes (Rex Club)

Hello, finally I'm in.
Happy to be able to join this club as I picked up a N4 Rex from a guy who did not like the feeling.
I have used the Rex 6 days so far and I am totally happy.
Compared to my Rockwell 6s @6 I have a lot more blade feel, but it doesnt feel any kind of "dangerous". Just direct.
I have tried 3,5/1,5/2,5/1,8/3,0 but i still can't say which number fits best. Still have to try a little bit.
I am glad I took so many Euros. I really like this razor.

Hello, finally I'm in.
Happy to be able to join this club as I picked up a N4 Rex from a guy who did not like the feeling.
Compared to my Rockwell 6s @6 I have a lot more blade feel, but it doesnt feel any kind of "dangerous". Just direct.
I have tried 3,5/1,5/2,5/1,8/3,0 but i still can't say which number fits best. Still have to try a little bit.
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome. I have tried up to a level 4 wtg with no problems, lots of sound feedback on this razor it's great. The best out of the 7 razors I own, glad you like it! I also have the N4 and am extremely pleased with my purchase good for a lifetime! Have mine with the Parker protective travel case, fits wonderfully.

Attachments

• 20190212_110357.jpg
    20190212_110357.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 30
Still totally excited about my Rex.
Tried ASP and Personna Red. Both work very well. The personna is a tad smoother maybe.
Which blades so you all use?

My ASP is my workhorse too so far, as I ordered a 1000 Pack with a friend of Mine.
Just curious about your experiences.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

I get 5 or 6 shaves out of most blades. Using ASP as the baseline, I use slightly more aggressive settings with Personna, Merkur and Polsilver SI while I use slightly less aggressive settings with Feathers.
Regardless of the brand, the first shave is always a bit rough and the 2nd through 5th shaves are always better. I have read on various threads that the blade's coating wares off during the first shave. I have no way of checking but this explanation makes some sense.

I have been using the Rex since 11/2017 and it is my go-to DE. I love the mid-shave flexibility. For example, I use setting of 2 or less on any sensitive (susceptible to nicks-mouth and chin) areas while I use the higher settings for cheek and neck areas.

YMMV

M

member 119848

Hello, finally I'm in.
Congratulations, brother! ;)

Hi folks, I have an N4 I picked up couple months ago, it too as mentioned has the "catching" bottom knob issue, the good folks at RE are sending a new bottom knob assembly which will sort the issue. That aside i'm finding Rex a treat to use, smooth and so efficient, i'd been using '67 Slim for couple years which is a fine razor, Rex just takes it to another level, well done Rex Supply Co.

I am also in. As I wrote earlier in the pass around thread, I am having a blast with this razor using it daily for the last month!

My favorite settings so far are 4 (WTG), 3.5 (XTG) and 3 (ATG) except of my mustache and lower neck areas, for which I opt for 2.5. Great piece of engineering and I couldn't be happier!

Cheers,

Sotiris

I guess I qualify now, I just bought a used N2, and it should be here next week. Any issues with that vintage I should be aware of?

Got offered a Rex by a member here
I have it arriving this week
I am looking forward to joining the club and shaving with the Rex

As an aside I usually the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow as a default blade
Does anyone have any specific blade recommendations or should that work ok?

You should be fine. The Rex actually has worked with quite a few blades in it. It's not a finicky razor. Just put in your preferred blade and go at it.....

Congrats on the acquisition. :punk:

Congrats, I find Rex a very efficient razor indeed! On blade choice i've come to realise platinum coated blades, Astra, Personna, etc don't work as well as stainless coated for me, lately i've found Gillette green Super Stainless to feel very smooth for me. Here's an interesting website with DE blade reviews
www.refinedshave.com

Congrats, I find Rex a very efficient razor indeed! On blade choice i've come to realise platinum coated blades, Astra, Personna, etc don't work as well as stainless coated for me, lately i've found Gillette green Super Stainless to feel very smooth for me. Here's an interesting website with DE blade reviews
www.refinedshave.com

cheers for the link, it is quite informative :thumbup1:

Top Bottom